Nassau Co. IFA Gets Double-A Ratings
- In Wake of Failed Arena Vote, NIFA Tells Nassau to Shape Up. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;8/3/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33559, p4
The article presents the message of the Nassau Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) to Nassau County local officials after voters rejected the proposed 30-year taxable bonds during its referendum in New York.
- This Ain't Your Father's Buffalo: Upstate City Shines as Nassau Sinks. PHILLIPS, TED // Bond Buyer;2/7/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33462, p8
The article reports on the trading of Buffalo and Nassau's municipal bonds in New York. Buffalo readies its general obligation refunding bond worth 35.7 million dollars for trading in the first week of February 2011, while local officials sued Nassau County Interim Finance Authority to block its...
- Munis Extend Gains as Yields Approach Lows. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;10/4/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33792, p2
The article presents information related to the tax-exempt money market in the U.S. Goldman Sachs & Co. priced 318.2 million U.S. dollars of sales-tax-secured bonds of Interim Finance Authority of Nassau Country, New York State, which are rated AAA by the company Standard & Poor's Ratings...
- Nassau Interim Finance Authority Approves Wage Increases. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/6/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34104, p1
The article reports that the Nassau Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) has approved wage increases and police recruits for Nassau County in New York as of May 2014. Topics discussed include the approval of contracts with pay raises for four unions by the NIFA, the decline in Nassau's sales tax...
- Nassau County, N.Y., Debates Budget As Democrats, Republicans Sling Mud. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p4
Reports on the legislative proceedings on budget for 2002 in Nassau County, New York. Provisions of the bill; Arguments of Republicans over the provisions of the bill; Review of the bill by the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority.
- Nassau Watchdog Agency Leaves County's Finances Alone, For Now. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/3/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33443, p7
The article reports that the Nassau Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) has prompted the local government to provide additional local budget information before they will take action on the public finances in Nassau County, New York.
- NIFA Hovers Over Nassau. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/27/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33439, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) to impose a formal control period in Nassau County, New York as deliberated during the December 23, 2010 meeting.
- Control Board Rejects $2.95B Nassau County Budget. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34414, p20
The article reports on the unanimous vote cast by Long Island's Nassau Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) on November 19, 2015 against the proposed 2.95 Billion Nassau County Budget due to the county's questionable revenue assumptions including anticipated revenue from temporary mini casinos.
- Nassau County, N.Y., Inches Closer to State Takeover. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p4
Reports the deadline for the workable budget plans in Nassau County, New York. Need for significant cost-cutting and revenue-enhancing measures; Creation of the Interim Finance Authority; Budget options considered by executive, Thomas Suozzi.