Digging a Little Deeper
- Moody's Is Reviewing Financial Impact of Boston Tunnel Closure. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p32
The article reports that U.S.-based credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service is undertaking a review to determine the financial impact of the decision to shutdown the Ted Williams Tunnel in Boston, Massachusetts following a partial ceiling collapse that left one person dead. The revenue...
- MassPike prices bonds in final big sale for Central Artery. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p35
Focuses on the bond sales by the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority to finance the Central Artery/Tunnel project in Boston. Syndicate contracted to lead the bond issuance; Rating of the bonds; Potential problems in the bond sales.
- Waiting to seal the deal. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Dec2004, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the Central Artery/Tunnel project which has been opened to the public by the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MTA) in 2004. Details of an accident in the tunnel's slurry wall; Installation of a waterproofing system; Efforts made by MTA to keep the public informed.
- Munis, govies finish unchanged; players await June inflation stats. Kralev, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;07/14/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30682, p2
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 14, 1999. Includes the unchanged status of the municipal securities rates; Lehman Brothers' effort to price and reprice Louisiana Office Facilities Corp.'s bonds; Trading status for the Massachusetts...
- MASSACHUSETTS: Toll Hike. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p35
Reports on the decision of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority to delay a scheduled toll increase for six months starting November 2001. Criticism of the decision by acting governor of the state Jane M. Swift.
- Turnpike continues upgrade. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/22/96, Vol. 236 Issue 3, p18
Reports that the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MTA) are in the process of advertising bids for $130 million in road construction intended to upgrade the turnpike and spur the state's economic development. Plan to build an interchange in the Worcester-Providence; Statement from John J....
- Moody's, Fitch Evaluating Impact of Boston Tunnel Closure on MassPike. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/17/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p38
The article reports on Fitch Ratings and Moody's Investors Service's review of the financial implications of the closure of Interstate 90 tunnel in Boston, Massachusetts, and the suspension of toll revenue collection at the Ted Williams Tunnel, which is part of the Central Artery Tunnel Project....
- Moody's Upgrades MassPort Outlook to Stable From Negative. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31947, p3
Reports on the move to upgrade the outlook for the Massachusetts Port Authority by Moody's Investors Service Inc. Impact of the action on the outstanding bonds; Ratings of the bonds; Remarks from Betsy Taylor, director of finance of the authority, on the confidence of the agency; Plan of the...
- MassPort Eyes ARS Moves. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/14/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32856, p9
The article reports on the evaluation conducted by the Massachusetts Port Authority of $106 million of auction-rate securities (ARS). The authority also anticipates refunding the debt or converting the bonds into variable-rate mode. The ARS are a portion of the authority's $1.42 billion of total...