Referral Plans That Don't Play Favorites
- New Deal warned to pay personal advisors more. Donovan, Paul // People Management;9/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the success of the New Deal back-to-work program in Great Britain. Key factors that influence the program's success; Factors that affect staff turnover; Allocation of the fund for personal advisors.
- The Evolution of a Idea. // Internal Auditor;Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p6
Introduces a series of articles featured in the October 2001 issue of 'Internal Auditor' which deals with the way business enterprises manage employee turnover.
- Protecting Your Company from High Turnover. Will, Melissa // Women in Business;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p30
Suggests ways to protect a company from high labor turnover rates. Factors that contribute to high turnover rates; Disadvantages of high turnover; Tips on employee retention.
- GOING, GOING, GONE. Moody, Robert W. // Internal Auditor;Jun2000, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the increasing employee turnover problem in the United States. Why turnover happens; Cost associated to turnover; Other effects of turnover on an organization aspect; Recommendations for personnel management.
- Continuing high turnover frustrating employers. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Oct98, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p22
Highlights the results of a survey conducted by Lee Hecht Harrison showing that majority of responding employers have experienced high employee turnover. Steps taken by companies to decrease turnovers; Other measures that may likely decrease turnover rates.
- How to overcome the 'transient manager' syndrome. Corey, James H. // Management Review;Mar82, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p51
Offers tips on how to deal with the so-called transient manager syndrome or turnover of management-level employees. Providing job security; Improving work environment.
- Two of a Kind. Paajanen, George // Credit Union Management;Oct98, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p56
Discusses how an employer can select employees effectively in turnover. Cost of hiring; Elements of employee retention; Benefits from using pre-employment tests. INSET: Helpful tests.
- Counter offers may not be a good tactic to retain employees. Borowski, Rachel Teague // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;04/12/99, Issue 322445, p31
Focuses on the benefits to business enterprises in retaining talented staff members. Need for companies to consider how integral an individual is to the success of their businesses; Reality that money is not the sole motivation for an employee's decision to pursue other opportunities; Factors...
- How to tackle high staff turnover. Emin, David // Media Week;8/12/2008, Issue 1173, p29
The article presents answers to a question about staff turnover.