In the Loop
- In the Loop... // Book Publishing Report;01/22/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p7
Presents news concerning book publishers in the United States, compiled as of January 22, 2001. Houghton Mifflin's acquisition of U.S. book rights for the film trilogy 'J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings'; Plans of the American Booksellers Association to select four titles for the 2001 Book...
- Category Review: Finding Religion. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p3
The article presents an overview of the market segment of religious books publishing at the HarperCollins Publishers LLC/Thomas Nelson Inc. Noted is that the market will be a busy one since over the past four quarters, around 154 editions of 128 titles have been identified within he religion...
- New Tommy Nelson Head Sees Music, Internet As Source Of Growth. // Book Publishing Report;08/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p3
Reports on Christian children's publisher Tommy Nelson executive vice president and managing director Neal Joseph's plans to take the company into the music and the Internet markets.
- Backlist Drove Nelson in 2002. // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p19
Reports on the backlist titles of publishing company Thomas Nelson for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2002. Information on the acquisition deal of the company with C. R. Acquisition Corp.
- Nelson Weathers Difficult Fiscal 2000. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2000. Sales increase in its publishing operations; Reason for the results in the gift operation; Three acquisitions Nelson made in 1999 to boost revenues.
- New Thomas Nelson Publisher Details Plan To Double Sales By 2004. // Book Publishing Report;07/17/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p4
Reports on Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc.'s refocusing of its publishing program on four key areas. Concentration of publishing operations on charismatic, leadership and motivation, health and fitness, and fiction; Publisher and senior vice president Michael Hyatt's plan to appoint a marketer...
- Thomas Nelson Hoping To Start Industry Trend With Higher Prices. // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the decision of publisher Thomas Nelson to raise its prices. Possible triggering of a trend in the Christian book publishing industry; Costs of hardcover books and trade paperbacks starting spring 2001.
- For Thomas Nelson, It's Not The Book, But The Brand. // Book Publishing Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the strategic plans of the publishing house Thomas Nelson Book Group. Reorganization of the publishing program; Retrenchment of employees; Increase of profitability and revenue.
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. . . // Book Publishing Report;3/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p6
Reports that Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. has named David Dunham as senior vice president and publisher of its general trade publishing division.