Vista Designs Service To Integrate Publishers' In-House Systems
- Vista Looks at the 21st Century. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;12/18/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 51, p31
Reports on the Publishing in the 21st Century conference held by Vista Computer Services in 2000. Problems in the digital publishing industry identified by John Wicker, executive vice-president of Vista; Effect of the Internet on publishers' international business; Features of the Author2Reader...
- Business critical of EPA Web site. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;05/11/98, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p65
Reports that business groups fear that a true picture of companies' environmental records may not be accurate enough to be seen through a government database of environmental mishaps and violations at selected industrial facilites. Reference to the database's pilot program being released on May...
- Push fulfillment companies to do more database development. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;09/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p9
No abstract available.
- Is `little brother' watching you? McKeown, Patrick G. // National Forum;Winter93, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on the impact on individual citizens of the existence of small private data banks that contain names and records on most Americans. Incorrect or unethical use of personal information contained in private databases; Types of data kept in the private data banks; Examples of transactional...
- New database details commercial brokers. Collins, Allison F. // Business Press;5/5/95 Supplement, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p15
Reports that in its quest for efficiency, commercial real estate is becoming very technologically advanced. Creation of database for Tarrant county brokers; Creator of database; How the database works; Cost of disk; Contact number.
- Data banks can make life difficult. // Advocate;6/9/71, Issue 61, p23
Discusses the law, the Fair Credit Reporting Act. U.S. government's proposal of a National Data Bank; Announcement of the Federal Trade Commission's announcement of a proposed complaint charging Welcome Newcomer service with failure to tell people it is gathering data rather than just extending...
- VHA picks Oacis database. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;01/06/97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p26
Reports that Healthcare alliance VHA selected a database, which was developed by Oacis Healthcare Systems, to create its electronic medical records. Features of the database.
- The JAL guide to the professional literature: Database programs. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Mar1996, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p153
Provides information on professional literature concerning database programs. Includes the books `Using dBase Version 5 for Windows: A How-To-Do-It Manual for Librarians,' by E. Sonny Butler and Barbara Scanio and `Pro-Cite for Library and Archival Condition Surveys,' by Douglas Haynes.
- Monoliths are out. Radding, Alan // Software Magazine;Dec96, Vol. 16 Issue 12, pS27
Presents solutions on how to deliver information faster and more economically when using an enterprise-wide data warehouse. Features of an enterprise data warehouse model; Comments from Karl Fonda, project leader of Kodak's data management center of expertise. INSETS: Data marts: Replication...