Children's Paperback Segment Leads Industry-Wide Increases In August
- Children's book publishing on the ascent. Donovan, John // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall91, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p7
Reviews trends in children's book publishing and bookselling, focusing on retail sales. Evidence for optimism in this segment of the book publishing industry.
- Notes. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p80
Reports on developments related to children's book trade as of May 24, 1999. Includes release of the book `Raggedy Ann's Tea Party Book,' by Elizabeth Silbaugh; `Wedding Bells for Rotten Ralph,' by Jack Gantos.
- Who's Afraid of Harry Potter? Leading Competitors In The Children's Book Market Say Bring It On. // Book Publishing Report;2/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p4
Announces the launch of children's books from different book publishers. 'City of Ember,' by Jeanne Duprau; 'Second Summer of the Sisterhood,' by Ann Brashare; 'The Spiderwick Chronicles.'
- Editorial. Kailis, Lefki // Reading Time;Nov2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p2
Editorial. Presents an article on being a National Executive of the Children's Book Council of Australia (CBCA). Change within the CBCA; Information on the Book Assistance Industry Plan.
- Spring 2003 Children's Books. Roback, Diane; Bean, Joy // Publishers Weekly;2/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p71
Introduces a series of articles which deals with the state of the children's books business.
- ON SALE IN APRIL. Abbott, Charlotte; Sellers, John // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 11, p40
A list children's book on sale in April 2008 is presented, including "Narnia Chronology," by Mary Jane Wilkins, "The Clique Summer Collection: Massie by Lisi Harrison and "Unaccustomed Earth," by Jhumpa Lahiri.
- WORLD OF PRINT. // School Library Journal;Aug87, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p18
Reports on books released as of August 1987. 'The RIF Guide to Encouraging Young Readers,' from Reading is Fundamental; 'Children's Literature in the Reading Program,' edited by Bernice E. Cullinan; Distribution of the book 'Dr. Seuss From THEN to NOW,' in September 1987 by Random House; 'Two...
- Publishers Say Children's Book Sales Continued To Rise In November. // Book Publishing Report;01/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the sales performance of hardcover and paperback children's books in the United States from January to November 2000. Comparison with sales of adult books; Publishers domestic net sales report in 1999 and 2000.
- A world of children's books under one roof. Montgomery, Leigh // Christian Science Monitor;5/25/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 129, p20
Discusses the International Children's Book Fair in Bologna, Italy and highlights of the event.