HarperCollins, Random House: NBA All Stars, With Four Finalists A Piece
- Indie presses light fuses under the book biz. Bernstein, Elizabeth // New York;06/16/97, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p16
Reports on the second annual Firecracker Alternative Book Awards. Background on the creation of the awards in 1996 as a way to promote alternative books and magazines; Efforts to celebrate freedom of expression; Comments by participants.
- Books for a Better Life Awards. // Publishers Weekly;3/31/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 13, p18
Highlights the annual Books for a Better Life (BBL) Awards ceremony in New York City in February 2003. Sponsor of the ceremony; Authors and publishing executive inducted into the BBL Hall of Fame; Winners of the contest.
- RH, Knopf, HM Lead NBCC Finalists. // Publishers Weekly;2/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p19
Presents the finalists for the 2000 National Book Critics Circle awards in the United States. Finalists in various categories; Awards to be received by several publishers.
- National Book Awards on; judges picked. // LJ: Library Journal;3/1/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p436
Focuses on the 1975 National Book Awards. Appointment of a panel of writers, editors and other individuals to select the best of the United States publishing industry's annual output of hardbound fiction and non-fiction; Organization of the event by the Committee on Awards Policy.
- THE NBA FINALS. Flamm, Matthew // Entertainment Weekly;11/1/2002, Issue 680, p74
Provides information on the books nominated for the non-fiction category for the 2002 National Book Award, which include 'Master of the Senate,' by Robert A. Caro.
- NBA revives award for children's books. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/25/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p11
States that the National Book Foundation will present a National Book Award (NBA) for Young People's literature at the NBA awards ceremony in November 1996. The award previously removed from the ceremony; Reasons why the award was brought back.
- NBA A Shortlist For Smaller Presses. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;10/21/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 42, p15
Presents information on the nominees for the 2002 National Book Awards. Nominees for fiction books; Nominees for non-fiction books; Nominees for young people's literature.
- The Bird Is the Word. Margolis, Rick // School Library Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the 51st National Book Awards ceremony on November 15, 2000 in New York City. Reminder to the winners given by Steve Martin, a comedian who hosted the literary event; Remarks from writer and poet Gloria Whelan, when she received the National Book Award for young people's literature.
- All Aboard the Pequod. Sehgal, Parul // Publishers Weekly;10/17/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 42, p17
The article reports that the National Book Award committee has names the award finalists.