HarperCollins, Random House: NBA All Stars, With Four Finalists A Piece
- Indie presses light fuses under the book biz. Bernstein, Elizabeth // New York;06/16/97, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p16
Reports on the second annual Firecracker Alternative Book Awards. Background on the creation of the awards in 1996 as a way to promote alternative books and magazines; Efforts to celebrate freedom of expression; Comments by participants.
- Books for a Better Life Awards. // Publishers Weekly;3/31/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 13, p18
Highlights the annual Books for a Better Life (BBL) Awards ceremony in New York City in February 2003. Sponsor of the ceremony; Authors and publishing executive inducted into the BBL Hall of Fame; Winners of the contest.
- RH, Knopf, HM Lead NBCC Finalists. // Publishers Weekly;2/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p19
Presents the finalists for the 2000 National Book Critics Circle awards in the United States. Finalists in various categories; Awards to be received by several publishers.
- National Book Awards on; judges picked. // LJ: Library Journal;3/1/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p436
Focuses on the 1975 National Book Awards. Appointment of a panel of writers, editors and other individuals to select the best of the United States publishing industry's annual output of hardbound fiction and non-fiction; Organization of the event by the Committee on Awards Policy.
- THE NBA FINALS. Flamm, Matthew // Entertainment Weekly;11/1/2002, Issue 680, p74
Provides information on the books nominated for the non-fiction category for the 2002 National Book Award, which include 'Master of the Senate,' by Robert A. Caro.
- Judges Named for 1975 NBA Awards. // School Library Journal;Feb75, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the scheduled National Book Awards on April 16, 1975 at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center, New York. Announcement of the panels of judges for the awards; Award categories.
- NBA revives award for children's books. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/25/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p11
States that the National Book Foundation will present a National Book Award (NBA) for Young People's literature at the NBA awards ceremony in November 1996. The award previously removed from the ceremony; Reasons why the award was brought back.
- NBA A Shortlist For Smaller Presses. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;10/21/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 42, p15
Presents information on the nominees for the 2002 National Book Awards. Nominees for fiction books; Nominees for non-fiction books; Nominees for young people's literature.
- Nominees announced for National Book Awards. // Library Journal;11/1/1988, Vol. 113 Issue 18, p15
Presents the names of nominees to the National Book Awards 1989. Don DeLillo; Mary McGarry Morris; Peter Gay.