Gemstar CEO Unveils New Ebook Devices, Reveals Vision Of Market
- Techie Gemstar Buys TV Guide. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;10/11/99, Vol. 376 Issue 8, p85
Reports the sale of TV Guide, a former News Corp. to high-technology group Gemstar Intl. Terms of the deal; Comments from Gemstar chairman and chief executive officer Henry Yuen; Information on TV Guide.
- TV Guide stays on schedule with workflow app. Asbrand, Deborah // InfoWorld;9/11/95, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p56
Discusses the improvement of TV Guide's array of details by implementing a speedy electronic publishing form. Development of the Database Publishing System known as DPS; DPS as a client/server publishing system based on hardware and software from Intergraph Corp.; Creation of the prototype...
- The value of TV Guide. Silber, Tony // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;11/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p7
Examines the value of the magazine `TV Guide' and its involvement in big magazine deals. Reason why Gemstar International purchased the magazine.
- Gemstar/TV Guide Will Tune in a Second. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/06/99, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the acquisition of TV Guide Inc. by Gemstar International Group Ltd. Value of the acquisition deal; Reception of investors to the deal.
- Gemstar buys TV Guide for $9.2 billion. Owens, Jennifer; Holliday, Heather // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;11/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p17
Reports on the acquisition of Tulsa, Oklahoma-based TV Guide Inc., publisher of the `TV Guide' magazine, by Pasadena, California-based electronic television program guides maker Gemstar International Group Ltd. Contract terms; Value of the transaction; Management changes under the deal.
- TV Guide in $9.5B deal. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p3
Reports on the acquisition offer of GemStar International Group to TV Guide. Value of stock and debt assumption; Legal battles between the two companies regarding on-screen program guide patterns; Businesses that would be part of the acquisition.
- Gemstar, TV Guide unite. Diorio, Carl // Daily Variety;07/13/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 27, p14
Reports on the merger deal between TV Guide Inc. and Gemstar International Group. Terms under the deal; Value of the deal.
- Gemstar to acquire rival TV guide. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/11/99, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p45
Reports on Gemstar International Group Inc.'s acquisition of TV Guide Inc. Terms of agreement; Benefits from the acquisition.
- BUSINESS NOTES. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/27/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on developments related to the consumer electronics industry as of March 27, 2000. Includes Japan-based Toshiba's plan to focus on its computer, communications and semiconductor businesses; Gemstar International shareholders' approval of the company's plan to purchase TV Guide.