Texas AG Limits Taxing Powers of County Development Districts
- Greensboro invests in Market Street corridor, new housing. // Planning;Dec96, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p20
Announces voters' approval of a $1 million bond issue for the East Market Street initiative in Greensboro, North Carolina. Plans for the disbursement of the fund for community development; Background on the project; Landscaping and other changes planned for the area.
- City Near Atlanta Looking to TADs To Change Course, Aid Development. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p32
Reports that city officials in East Point, Georgia are hoping to use redevelopment bonds to help reverse years of decline in the community south of Atlanta, Georgia. Structure of the planned bonds.
- State's first CDA is paving the way in Stafford County, Va. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30192, p5
Reports on the creation of a community development authority and a special assessment district in Stafford County, Virginia, to oversee the county's proposed bond issues for the development a road serving the Wide Water Peninsula. Worth of the revenue bonds to be issued by the authority; Bank...
- California Desert Development District Draws on Reserves. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;9/25/2014, p1
Cathedral City officials have twice drawn on reserves this year to make bond payments on $12.3 million in community development district bonds issued to pay for instrastructure for the 1,362-unit Verano, a master-planned community in the Coachella Valley city.
- Maryland CDA Series 2011A Upgraded to Aa1 by Moody's. // Bondbuyer.com;9/ 9/2013, p17
The article reports that local government infrastructure bonds, Series 2011A to Aa1 from Aa2, by Maryland Community Development Administration were upgraded by Moody's Investors Service in 2013.
- Jackson, Mich., Brownfields Agency Deal Makes History. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31356, p36
Reports that Jackson Brownfields Redevelopment Authority has sold its tax-increment financing bonds. Use of the proceeds from the bonds to pay for public parking lots; Plan to issue debt for redevelopment projects; Price of the bonds.
- Scottsdale bond issue voted; includes $7.5 million library. // Library Journal;9/15/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 16, p1752
Reveals that voters in Scottsdale, Arizona have approved a $69 million bond issue for municipal improvements including the construction of a community library.
- Dealing for Kaiser. Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p31
Focuses on the efforts of California Statewide Communities Development Authority to issue revenue bonds for California-based Kaiser Permanente. Ratings of the bonds by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Possible usage of the bond's proceeds; Services provided by Kaiser Permanente.
- Factors Force Florida to Focus on Infrastructure. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32339, p1
The article reports on various infrastructure developments in Florida. The development is an action taken by the government in response to its population growth. Some of the residential infrastructures are financed with tax-exempt bonds through the community developments districts (CDD)....