Spending Bill Deal Would Create 79,000 New Section 8 Vouchers
- Bill would change scope of affordable-housing laws. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;2/8/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the introduction of a bill that would rewrite the affordable housing laws in New Jersey.
- SB 48 may bring tax relief. Wright, Don A. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/25/2002, Issue 322882, p1
Reports the legislation of the SB 48 bill in California. Provisions of the bill; Benefits of the bill to homeowners and renters; Failure of the state to index the tax exemption of homeowners and the tax credit of renters.
- State considers abolishing affordable-housing council. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;1/25/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p2
This article reveals that New Jersey's Legislature is considering a bill that would abolish the state Council on Affordable Housing and shift control over affordable housing to municipalities.
- Assembly passes Bing's legislation to ensure fair housing. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/22/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 121, pB6
The article reports on the passage of two bills aimed at ensuring that disabled individuals have fair housing opportunities in New York.
- Extension proposed for P.R. housing incentives. Vélez, Eva Lloréns // Caribbean Business;9/29/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p8
The article focuses on the House Bill 3618 proposed by the Puerto Rico House of Representatives to amend Law 132 for extending the local housing incentives.
- Housing bill advances despite veto threat. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;11/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p2
The article reports on a bill passed by the New Jersey Assembly Housing and Local Government Committee on November 8, 2010 that would impose a 2.5 percent fee on new developments to fund affordable housing.
- Regulation on the Administration of Urban Housing Demolition and Relocation. // Chinese Law & Government;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p10
A summary is presented of the Regulation on the Administration of Urban Housing Demolition and Relocation in China.
- Arizona Creates Housing Department, Finance Agency. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p6
Reports on Arizona Governor Jane Dee Hull's signing of a legislation to create both a state housing department and the Arizona Housing Finance Authority. State's plan to issue tax-exempt single-family and multifamily housing bonds to finance mortgages and projects in rural areas; Housing...
- Muni Market Awaits Fate of Two New Bills. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p8
Focuses on two housing bills introduced in the United States Congress that could have an impact on the municipal bond market. Senator Wayne Allard's introduction of the proposed Homeowners Rebate Act of 2001; Senator John Edwards' introduction of the propose Rural Rental Housing Act of 2001.