Congress Agrees on Controversial Rider; Way Cleared for Tobacco Securitization
- S&P Details the Profitability Of the Bond-Backing Business. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;11/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31025, p1
Reports on the attractiveness of bond issuers' asset-backed business in the United States. Pricing of asset-backed policies; Municipal bonds' share of the insurers' overall business; Prioritization on market share above economics.
- Weighing Tobacco Options. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31032, p1
Reports on Tennessee's securitization plan for the state's 4.8 billion dollar share of the national tobacco settlement. Use of money to deal with budget deficits; Possible sale of tobacco bonds.
- Cautious Louisiana Steps Closer to Tobacco Settlement Securitization. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31037, p3
Reports on the plan of Louisiana to securitize their shares of the national tobacco settlement. Presentations concerning the market for such transactions; Structure of the bonds.
- Attorney Fees Won't Hinder California Tobacco Bond Deals. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31428, p36
Reports the ability of the state to issue tobacco bonds secured by settlement proceeds in California. Increase of attorney fees related to tobacco liability case; Assessment of the planned securitizations; Share of the state on the total settlement amount.
- CBOs Still Need Structural Changes. // High Yield Report;9/16/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the need for structural changes of collateralized bond obligations (CBO). Impact of economic downturn on the CBO: Views of experts on the status of CBO; Proposals of structural changes for CBO.
- Issuance breaks January record. F.M. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p6
Presents an overview of the asset-backed market in the U.S. for January 2001. Bond prices; Investments in stranded-cost bonds; Securities.
- Korea's SCI given the okay to rate asset-backeds. A.T.; C.G. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the approval given to the Korea-based rating agency, Seoul Credit Information to issue asset-backed transactions. Issuance of short-term corporate bonds; Provision of ratings on bonds issued without guarantees; Partnership with an American firm to expand its business.
- The 'What If's' in ABS CDOs. MG // Asset Securitization Report;2/18/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p3
Discusses the remarkable growth in asset-backed securities (ABS) and its impact on the United States market. Spread implications of ABS and how they were rapidly changing the market dynamic; Observation that ABS have added a significant bid to the sub bond market; Concerns of some participants...
- Where went high yield CBOs? Iyer, Savita // Asset Securitization Report;9/23/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the rarity of collaterized debt obligations (CBO) backed by high yield bonds in the U.S. Number of CBO coming into the market in 2002; Factors attributed for the scarcity; Elements needed to restore credibility and attractiveness; Main complaint against high yield collaterized debt...
- Latin America second quarter: Mexico flexes while Cross-border dawdles. // Asset Securitization Report;7/7/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p1
Reports that the domestic currency market in Mexico pumped out $675 million in securitized bonds in the second quarter of 2003. Break-in of new asset classes; Debut of the monoline wrap in pesos; Implications on the market for asset- and mortgage-backed securities.