Houston Port Deal Nets a AA-Plus From Fitch
- Port of Houston asking Harris County to put $387 million of GOs to voters. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/09/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30658, p2
Reports that the Port of Houston Authority will ask Harris County, Texas officials to call a general obligation bond election. Purpose of the general obligation bond; Construction of long-term assets.
- Port of Houston Selling First of Many Deals to Fund Expansion. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/24/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31002, p1
Reports on the Port of Houston Authority's sale of 20.7 million dollars of general obligation bonds. Deepening of the Houston Ship Channel; Plans to build the Bayport Terminal Complex; Combining of the Port of Houston with the Port of Galveston.
- Authority to seek $300 million for Port of Houston. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/16/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30415, p31
Reports that the Port of Houston Authority will make a pitch to Harris County, Texas for a referendum on $300 million general obligation bonds. Bond issue of the size proposed by the port authority; Capital needs of the port.
- Houston port foes see rough waters in vote challenge. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/1/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30778, p7
Reports on the planned bond issue for the expansion of the Port of Houston in Texas. Use of public funds to finance a series of commercials before the election; Effects of the expansion on the quality of life of residents near the port.
- S&P Gives Houston Port Authority a Lift in Advance of Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30989, p3
Reports on the upgrade of the bond rating of the Port of Houston Authority in Houston, Texas. Diversity of the business of the city; Funding of a dredging project.
- Port of Houston Sailing Toward Next Month's $87 Million GO Offering. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31232, p32
Reports the bond growth of Port of Houston Authority in Texas. Integration of Coastal Securities Corp. as financial adviser to the authority and Andrews & Kurth LLP as agency's bond counsel; Component of the deal; Impact of bond authorization on the Bayport project.
- Port of Houston Project Underway. Aucoin, Mary P. // Underground Construction;Oct99, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p30
Focuses on the widening and deepening project of the Houston Ship Channel in Texas. Responsibilities of United States Army Corps of Engineers and Port of Houston in the construction project; Development of the plans for the completion of the project; Details on the construction procedures.
- Trouble brewing in Houston for N.O. coffee supremacy. Boyer, Ellen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the application of a certification to the New York Board of Trade aimed at making Port of Houston as a Coffee Exchange port in Texas. Implication of the certification application for the Port of New Orleans; Market share of the Port Houston in terms of coffee imports; Rank of the...
- The Back Page. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;2/22/99, Vol. 257 Issue 8, p55
Narrates events in transportation and transportation industries. Delay of an international crash at the Port of Houston by the United States Customs; Regulation from the United Nations on the 'International Driver's License' issue; Rail-related links of shippingdock.com.