N.J. Appellate Court: Ballot Question Is Constitutional
- Plague of women vipers. // Human Events;6/30/95, Vol. 51 Issue 25, p19
Reports on criticism against the League of Women Voters by the California State Assembly. Assemblyman Curt Pringle's attack on the group's support of a tax increase in Orange County; Criticism against other actions of the league.
- League of women voters uses program as Medicare platform. Shepherd, Shawn // Business Press;11/20/98, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p4
Reports on a public dialogue sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Tarrant County, Texas that discussed the Medicare program. Nationwide effort to get feedback for a report on the fate of the Medicare program; Passage of Medicare law by President Lyndon B. Johnson in July 1965;...
- League of Women Voters marks 95 years. // Arab American News;2/28/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1516, p05
The article highlights the 95th anniversary celebration of the League of Women Voters of Dearborn and Dearborn Heights, Michigan on February 19, 2015 at Byblos Banquet Hall.
- The (Left-Wing) League of Voters. Howd, Aimee // Insight on the News;12/06/99, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p18
Examines the political agenda of the League of Women Voters (LWV) for the year 2000 election in the United States. Issues tackled by LWV in the Internet; Analysis of the LWV Education Fund's spending; Amount of the LWV agenda according to the National Taxpayers' Union. INSET: A League in...
- The League of Women Voters. // Monkeyshines on America;Sep2000 U.S. Gov./Voting, p24
Presents information on the League of Women Voters in the United States. Formation of the league in 1920; Number of members; Voting system by members on issues.
- Waste Prevention Computer Tool Kit available. // Journal of Environmental Health;May1996, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p32
Features the League of Women Voters Education Foundation's release of the Windows based software program `Your Waste Prevention Computer Tool Kit.' Characteristics of the Tool Kit; Contact information.
- Lo, the Poor Voter. // Saturday Evening Post;11/17/1962, Vol. 235 Issue 41, p102
The article reflects on the poor voting system in Montgomery County, Maryland. The League of Women Voters did an excellent job of trying to inform Montgomery County voters by publishing a voters' guide that includes a rundown on all the candidates and an explanation of each of the questions in...
- Education Campaign on Urban Sprawl, Buffalo. Andrews, James H. // Planning;Mar2003, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the efforts of the League of Women Voters to educate the residents about land-use and urban sprawl in New York City. Preservation of agricultural lands; Costs of sprawl; Formation of the Regional Coalition for Education on Sprawl.
- Welcoming Our Newest Citizens. Hertz, Karl V. // School Administrator;Apr2010, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p38
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in Ozaukee County, Wisconsin with the League of Women Voters who were helping new citizens register to vote.