Latest Long Beach Port Deal Will Help Hanjin Shipping Expand
- Broward County, Fla., unloads complex port bond issue to retool old debt. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;05/21/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30398, p39
Focuses on Broward County, Florida's $166.3 million port bond issue. Sale of the bond issue on May 20, 1998; Reasons why the county has sold the port bonds; Details of the 1989 resolution relevant to junior-lien bonds.
- Texas city's mega-plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30820, p1
Announces Texas City's plan to build a megaport along its shoreline, three months after Harris County voters approved a multimillion-dollar bond issue to fund a container facility for the Port of Houston Authority. Standard & Poor's analyst Alex Fraser's assessment of the Texas City facility's...
- Port Sale. Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;7/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31685, p31
Reports on the sale of revenue and revenue refunding bonds by Port of Seattle, Washington. Rating of the bonds by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Sale of the bonds through a syndicate led by Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Houston Port's bond election request is on table, but no decisions yet. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30234, p3
Reports that Harris County, Texas commissioners met with Port of Houston Authority officials to discuss the potential for holding a bond election for port improvements. Expectations that port administrators will make a presentation to the Commissioners Court; Nature of competition between...
- Failed Merger Vote Takes Texas Port Off Positive CreditWatch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p36
Reports the improvement of the ratings of the Port of Galveston from positive to stable according to Standards & Poor in Texas. Implications of the failed merger with the Port of Houston; Details of the total revenue bonds issued by the port; Agreements to finance the renovation project for the...
- Port Authority of Houston Offers $300M to Take Out CP, Refund. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/28/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33357, p3
The article reports on the 300 million dollar general obligation debt offered by the Port Authority of Houston to draw its expansion and refund bonds sold in 2008 in Texas.
- Port to sell $2 million in bonds to finance building. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Mar95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p5
Reports that the Port of Chelan County is offering $2 million of bonds to the public in mid-March 1995. Estimated interest rates of the bonds; Plans for the proceeds of the bonds issue.
- Despite port expansions, little debt spotted on horizon. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30784, p24
Focuses on the use of bonds for port expansions in the United States. Capital needs of ports; Use of federal and state grants and private sector contributions.
- Making Safer Harbors. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31780, p29
Reports on the need for harbor improvement projects that may require bond financing in Hawaii.