- Managing Performance-- (Book). // Training & Development Journal;Nov85, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p90
Reviews the book 'Managing Performance,' by Lloyd Baird.
- Managing Performance (Book). // Training & Development Journal;Mar1984, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p86
Reviews the book 'Managing Performance: A Comprehensive Guide to Effective Supervision,' by Marion Haynes.
- Books. Gilbert, Dave // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr98, Issue 9, p29
Reviews the book `Managing Information,' by Hugh Garai.
- MANAGING INFORMATION--AVOIDING OVERLOAD (Book Review). Turner, Donald C. // National Public Accountant;Feb/Mar2000, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p32
Reviews the book `Managing Information--Avoiding Overload,' by Trevor Bentley.
- Bureaucratic and strategic human resource management: An empirical comparison in the federal... Mesch, Debra J.; Perry, James L. // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Oct95, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p385
Attempts to identify significant differences between the bureaucratic model of human resource management (HRM) and the strategic human resource management (SHRM) model. Titles 38 and 5 of the United States Code which embodies ideas associated with strategic and bureaucratic HRM system...
- New Products. // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p64
Presents products launched for employees in the U.S. as of April 2003. Focus of the designation, Compensation Management Specialist developed by the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist Program; Resources introduced by CIGNA Retirement and Investment Services; Action taken by Charles Schwab...
- Trust slips away. Lucia, Al // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Offers advice for executives on how to rebuild employee trust. Importance of trying more candor and honesty; Need to address deficiencies in performance; Offering of individual development.
- Human resources. Parmenter, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p62
Questions whether the functions of human resources (HR) individuals are needed, highlighting some of the consequences of depleting human resources. Functions of HR; Effective ways which HR practitioners have for recruiting employees; What the possible consequences of removing an internal HR...
- Australian HR professionals identify their key challenges. Frazee, Valerie // Workforce;Oct97 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 76, p9
Focuses on issues in human resource management cited by large Australian organizations as their key challenges in 1997. Organizational restructuring/cultural change as the business priority for 1997; Learning and development; Performance management; Succession planning.