The right to job share after maternity leave
- Dawn Siemer returns after maternity leave. Gray, Michael // Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight;Oct2012, p4
The article reports on the return of Dawn Siemer to work as part time Web master and office manager after taking a maternity leave.
- The Mailbag. Beachboard, Joseph L. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Jun2013, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employment law which include the change in the employment status of an employee returning from maternity leave and the decision to allow service animals at work.
- The Inequality of Part-Time Workers in the UK Retail Industry. Lynch, Samantha // International Journal of Employment Studies;Apr2005, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p27
This article draws on case study based empirical evidence to examine the equality between part-time and full-time workers in the UK retail industry. The empirical data was gathered through a series of interviews with retail managers in three UK retail organisations. It illustrates how a...
- Sex discrimination – Pensions. // Accountancy;Oct86, Vol. 98 Issue 1118, p48
Details the decision in a case in the European Court of Justice which held that to exclude part-time workers from occupational pension schemes amounts to a convention of Article 119 of the European Economic Community Treaty where the exclusion affects more women than men.
- Part-time staff have rights too. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/7/2002, Issue 2495, p22
Focuses on the rights of part-time workers in the British travel industry. Types of discrimination in the workplace covered by the Sex Discrimination Act; Evidence that must be presented to claim direct discrimination; Information on indirect discrimination.
- The Right to Partâ€Time Work under German Law: Progress in or a Boomerang for Equal Employment Opportunities? SCHMIDT, MARLENE // Industrial Law Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p335
As a contribution to job creation and equal employment opportunities for men and women a general â€˜right to partâ€time workâ€™, modelled upon the right to adapt working time under Dutch law, has been introduced in Germany on the occasion of the implementation of Directive 97/80/EC...
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES. // People Management;4/8/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p16
Presents news briefs on equal opportunities in employment in Europe as of April 8, 1999. Information on part-time workers; Sex discrimination case against Derry Irvine; Study conducted by the European Commission on equal opportunities policies among European firms.
- Less is more. Robbins, McLean // Employee Benefit News;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p27
The article reports that a definitive portion of working mothers in the U.S., according to a study from the Pew Research Center, would prefer to work part-time or not at all. 60% favor part time arrangements and 19% would not wish to work at all. Cary Funk, a senior researcher with the Pew...
- EASING BACK TO WORK. Tarkan, Laurie // Fit Pregnancy;Feb2005 Special Issue, Vol. 11 Issue 6B, p47
Offers tips for mothers on adjusting the working schedule after several months of maternity leave. Advantages of working part time to both employer and employee.