Cost Increases Would Force Smaller Businesses to Cut Health Benefits
- Half-million file for HIPAA deadline extension. Brown, Steve // AHA News;10/21/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p2
Reports on the applications received by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for deadline extension for complying with the transactions and code sets standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Background on the HIPAA transaction standards and code...
- Is Universal Coverage the American Way? Collins, Martha C. // Family Practice Management;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p33
Focuses on the viability of universal coverage for caring for uninsured Americans in the United States. Reason for the formation of the Physicians' Work Group on Universal Coverage; Three basic concepts advocated by the group; Possible reasons for opposition to universal coverage; Health...
- Expanded public health insurance fuels decline in uninsured children. Margolis, Kyle // AHA News;12/23/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 49, p6
Presents the results of a study conducted by the Centers For Health System Change on public health insurance. Factors that helped decrease the numbers of low-income, uninsured children in the U.S.; Rates of uninsured children; Percentage of low-income children enrolled in Medicaid.
- Getting the health care debate right. Stark, Andrew // Public Interest;Spring2003, Issue 151, p75
Deals with a debate over how to configure public health insurance for non-elderly people in the U.S. Overview of the nation's public health insurance program; Examination of the claims of both debating parties; Recommendations.
- Traditional plan for small business. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;03/16/98, Issue 322277, p12
Presents a typical health insurance plan for small businesses.
- New insurance concept healthy option for small businesses. Stevens, Janice // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;07/27/98, Issue 322334, p12
Focuses on the advantages of medical savings accounts (MSA) as a health insurance option for small businesses in the United States. Features of an MSA; Forecast on the health needs of the aging population in regard to medical savings account according to Timothy Curley, regional vice president...
- PAY THE STATE TO INSURE YOUR WORKERS. Gossage, Bobbie // Inc.;May2003, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the health insurance of small business employees in the U.S. Forecast on the increase of premiums for small companies for the year 2003; Actions taken by politicians to encourage small businesses to cover the insurance of their employees.
- Patients' rights bill still faces hurdles. Faris, Jack // Las Vegas Business Press;8/27/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p5
Comments on the limitations of the Patients' Bill of Rights in the U.S. Collection in the amount of damages from health management organization; Problem with insurance affordability among small-business owners; Negative consequences of an expensive insurance coverage.
- Bush offers small business health insurance options. Faris, Jack // Las Vegas Business Press;05/22/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p5
Comments on Texas Governor and United States Republican presidential candidate George W. Bush's health insurance reform proposal. Pledge to allow small businesses to band together across state lines to purchase insurance from bona fide trade associations; How Association Health Plans (AHP) will...