- Cuts hit best value pilot. Harding, David // Public Finance;01/23/98, p5
Reports that Surrey county council might be forced to pull out of the government's best value pilot scheme. Possible further cuts to the county's community services budget; Community services which were chosen by the government as one of its 37 best value ground-breaking pilot; Implication of...
- SCC rolls out task force. // Recruiter;4/14/2010, p5
The article reports on the formation of the Surrey County Council (SCC) of a recruitment task force throughout its organisation after its success to reduce the percentage of vacancies for children's social workers in England.
- Unison ballot threat as Surrey culls 550 jobs while reinforcing front line. Taylor, Amy // Community Care;5/4/2006, Issue 1621, p10
The article reports on the move of the Surrey Council in England to simultaneously make adult services managers redundant and recruiting 120 front-line social workers into the department under restructuring plans. The measures are opposed by public services union Unison, which says it could...
- Surrey scrutinises monorail proposal. // Professional Engineering;08/05/98, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p11
Reports that the Surrey County Council considered approving the construction of a monorail transportation system in Guildford, by Swiss company Intamin. Cost of construction; Details on a study conducted by Surrey in collaboration with the Guildford Borough Council; Comments from Intamin.
- Surrey buyers to start sharing. // Supply Management;8/1/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p52
The article announces that Temidayo Akenroye has been hired as procurement improvement specialist of the Surrey County Council and will be tasked to establish best purchasing practices and improvements in policy development.
- IN FOCUS. // Planning (14672073);6/14/2013, Issue 1961, p21
The article reports that planning inspector Roger Pritchard has granted permission for the construction of a decked car park at a Sainsbury's food store in Surrey, England, after he found no evidence in the county council's view that it would harm the town center's vitality and viability.
- Surrey council to try out e-learning. Ghose, Dipika // IT Training;Aug2002, p8
Reports the launching of an electronic learning course for Surrey County Council staff in England. Licenses obtained by the council for the online courses; Viability of desktop-based training; Efforts of the council to improve the information technology skills of its staff.
- Overhaul for Surrey council. // Supply Management;4/30/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p09
The article reports on the plan of Surrey County Council to make Â£5 million of procurement savings in 2009 in England. The aim of the local authority is to standardize purchasing processes and to strengthen its category management capabilities. An e-procurement system to simplify everyday...
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;07/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 14, p23
Lists developments in employment case law in Great Britain. High Table Ltd. versus Horst company; Edinburgh Council versus Brown; Surrey County Council versus Lamond.