New model army
- British Army to offer flexible-working arrangements. Calnan, Marianne // Employee Benefits;7/1/2015, p1
The article reports that British Army is planning to offer troops for flexible working to double its female workforce from Septem 3, 2015. Accorduing to Nicholas Carter, head of army, flexible working will not only make the army a more modern employer, but also benefit working fathers and almost...
- The turning point. Ketchum, Richard M. // American Heritage;Oct97, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p102
Details the surrender of British Army at Saratoga, New York, formerly known as Schuylerville on October 17, 1777. Individual responsible for the British's defeat; Memorial for the heroes.
- The Army's invasion of UK motorsport. // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;11/14/2012, Issue 2847, p23
The author discusses the involvement of the British Army in motorsports in Great Britain.
- Webshot. // AdMedia;Aug99, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p43
Praises the Web site of the British Army. Chance to make decisions in simulated life and death situations in the section called `The Army Challenge'; Role of the Web site in complementing a television advertising campaign and in building a brand.
- Anglo-Sikh war maps discovered in Irish castle. // Asian Pacific Post;11/24/2011, p4
This article reports on the discovery of maps used by the British Army in the Anglo-Sikh wars of 1845 in a castle in Ireland.
- Annual March Out This Weekend At Valley Forge National Historical Park. // National Parks Traveler;6/11/2014, p1
The article presents highlights of the Annual March Out held at Valley Forge National Historical Park in Pennsylvania in June 2014 in commemoration of the Continental Army's departure from the winter quarters in pursuit of the British Army.
- British Army Opts For Mabey Logistic Bridging. // Military Technology;Aug2002, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p110
Reports on the update project of the British Army on the Mabey Logistic Support Bridges, an initial thirteen sets of bridges. Accommodation of increase load and width requirements of latest vehicle; Improvement of design and manufacturing techniques; Use of full automation in manufacture.
- Tank Regiment nears Whitehall. // British Heritage;Feb/Mar2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p17
Reports on plans to build a memorial to the British Army's Royal Tank Regiment in London, England. Background on the tank regiment's history of serving with distinction during wars; Contact information.
- Network of support. // Eastern Eye;11/7/2014, Issue 1276, p13
The article reports on the launch of the Armed Forces Hindu Network by the British Ministry of Defense aimed to represent and support the Hindu community in the British Armed Forces.