Emap site sets up snow event
- We're Revving Up The TransAm Tour For 2013. // TransWorld Snowboarding;Nov2012, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p036
The article discusses the TransAm Tour snowboarding contest for 2013, including stops in Seven Springs, Pennsylvania, Keystone, Colorado, and Mt. Bachelor, Oregon.
- Board Games. White, Shaun; Burgan, Michael // National Geographic World;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 317, p30
Presents an article about the experiences of a snowboarder during the 2001 Winter X Games in Mount Snow, Vermont. Description of the event; Crowd control.
- Going to extremes. Harryman, Elizabeth; Lasley, Paul // American Fitness;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p68
Discusses the practice of extreme skiing or snowboarding in Valdez, Alaska. How Mark Johnson, president of the board of directors for World Extreme Skiing Championships defined extreme skiing; Johnson's description of extreme skiers' experience; Date and site of World Extreme Skiing...
- Emap Online draws up agency shortlist. Crawford, Anne-Marie // Marketing (00253650);11/18/1999, p8
Reports on Emap Online's search for a creative and media agency to help raise consumer awareness of its travel and entertainment sites in Great Britain. Company's drawing up of a shortlist in preparation for a competitive pitch; Focus of promotional activity of the company since its launch in 1996.
- EMAP scraps third-party sales as shakeout begins. Kavanagh, Michael // Marketing Week (01419285);4/23/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p33
Focuses on EMAP Online, who has handed over its third-party advertising sales business. Reference to Real Media, a sales house, building a network of over 55 United Kingdom Websites; Comments from Roger Green, managing director of EMAP Online; More information on EMAP Online.
- Emap set to charge users for specialist information on Net. // Campaign (UK);02/20/98, Issue 8, p8
Reports on plans by Emap Consumer Online consumer publisher to charge subscription fees on the Internet for certain areas of its Websites. Reference to looking at its portfolio of titles on the Internet; Archive materials Emap is considering charging for; Comments from Katarina Strupinska, Emap...
- Don't Chill--Thrill! Davis, Kate // Read;12/19/2003, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p28
The article focuses on several "extreme" winter sports in the U.S. According to the article, what makes these sports "extreme" is the determination of the athletes to push themselves as far as they can. The Winter X Games sports is an event which exclusively features extreme winter sports. For...
- NO SNOW REQUIRED. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;10/14/2005, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p7
Presents information on the extreme sport mountainboarding. Locations where mountainboarders practice their sport; Snowboarders who invented mountainboarding; Description of the boards being used in mountainboarding.
- Sand's Up! // Muscle & Fitness Hers;Jun/Jul2004, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p17
Presents information on the popularity of sandboarding or sand surfing among X gamers and snowboarders in 2004.