If I owned the Dome
- IC: Contracts. // International Construction;Nov99, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p6
Presents a photograph of the Millennium Dome, still under construction in London, England.
- Glitches under the big top. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;1/5/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 30, p7
Discusses public opinion surrounding and problems during the opening of the Millennium Dome in England on New Year Eve 2000.
- He? She? It? Edwards, William // U.S. News & World Report;07/06/98, Vol. 125 Issue 1, p14
Mentions Britain's Millennium Dome, which is set to open December 31, 1999. Plans for a large sculpture and debate over which gender would most fairly represent humankind; Comments by Jennifer Page of the New Millennium Experience Co., the firm that is overseeing the dome's development.
- The big top. Goldberger, Paul // New Yorker;04/27/98-05/04/98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p152
Focuses on the construction of the Millennium Dome in London, England. Cost of the dome; Where it will be constructed; Significance of building the dome.
- Dome spending under new scrutiny. // Public Finance;03/03/2000, p16
Reports on the call for the British National Audit Office to investigate the Millennium Dome's use of lottery funds. Full value for money audit requested by lawmaker Richard Page; Page's accusation against the Dome's management for squandering public funds; Annual audit of the Dome as...
- Dome to build an extra venue. // Marketing Event;May2000, p6
Announces the construction of the Starship marquee, an adjacent facility of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England. Purposes of the structure; Information on the entries that would find a post-2000 use for the Millennium Dome.
- Dome sponsor boost. // Marketing Event;Apr98, p6
Reports that the sponsorship target for the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England, could be exceeded due to a surge of interest from industry following the unveiling of the exhibition contents in February 1998. Lists of confirmed sponsors; Concepts revealed in the exhibition.
- Every failure is just an opportunity in disguise. Murray, Iain // Marketing Week;9/14/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p134
Recounts events that depict similar marketing problems to that of the Millennium Dome in London, England. Efforts of Dome Minister Lord Falconer in portraying the mismanaged facility as a success; Overview on bouts of heroic self-delusion similar to that exhibited by Falconer.
- Dome needs loan `to last the year'. // Public Finance;02/04/2000, p18
Reports on the lack of funding for the Millennium Dome in Greenwich England. Running costs exceeding takings; Organizers' asking of an emergency loan from the government.