Radio 1 reaches out to UK youth
- Going Up! The Colorado 14er Event. Ormsby, Chris; Witte, Bob // QST;Oct2005, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p49
Focuses on the factors to be considered by amateur radio operators in participating in the Colorado 14er summits in Colorado. Assessment of one's physical condition; Evaluation of the mountains that are within their physical activity; Formation of Colorado 14er Event Task Force to be the guiding...
- Green Power Sparks Radio Excitement. Anderson, David // QST;Nov2013, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p78
The author discusses integration of clean energy in amateur radio youth education projects. He describes how the concept was created during a World Genesis Foundation-sponsored outdoor activity. He acknowledges significant involvement of the youth in these projects which include a series of...
- 2013 Field Day Results. Kutzko, Sean // QST;Dec2013, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p72
The article highlights Field Day activity started on June 10, 1933 where all U.S. and Canadian stations were invited to schedule field activities excursions with concentrated operations of portable transmitters and receivers. The Amateur Radio Relay League (ARRL) was held June 22-23, 2013 which...
- Out on a limb. Lovitt, Rob // Backpacker;Mar1993, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p140
Discusses why the author enjoys climbing trees to gaze at the scenery below. The benefits of such a hobby; His experience of climbing to the top; A good physical workout; His rediscovery of climbing during a camping trip in the North Cascades; Climbing trees also benefits the soul.
- Signpost. Osborne, Steve; Sigardsson, Frances // Backpacker;May93, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p12
Comments on several news events of interest to outdoor lovers. International Paper Co.'s plans to donate 20,000 acres of boreal forest to the State of New York and the non-profit Conservation Fund; Inland Sea Society of Bayfield, Wisconsin's annual sea kayaking symposium; `Wolf-like animal' shot...
- 60-MINUTE FIXES. Ettinger, Amy // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p33
Presents information on several outdoor recreational activities in Chicago, Illinois.
- 3 WAYS TO SEE Maine. // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p36
Describes several outdoor activities in Maine.
- TRAIL TOWN: Damascus, VA. Wood, Charlie // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p37
Presents information on several outdoor recreation sites in Damascus, Virginia.
- 60 MINUTE FIXES. Carter, Grace // Backpacker;Oct2005, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p29
Offers ideas on outdoor activities that can be done in Los Angeles, California.