Webley puts plans for overhaul on hold
- IN BRIEF. // Event;Apr2002, p7
Presents updates on the exhibition industry in Great Britain as of April 2002. Information on the Scottish Outdoor Show held at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre; Sale of the corporate hospitality business Keith Prowse of Wembley company; Details of the Daily Telegraph House &...
- Wembley sells ticketing and webcast arms. // Event;Jul/Aug2002, p9
Presents an update on the sale of several assets of Wembley plc in Great Britain. Acquisition of the ticket retailing business of Wembly by the Way Ahead Group; Details on the sale of the stake of Wembly in event Webcasting division Wembley TV; Reasons behind the decision of Wembly to sell its...
- Final hours at the twin towers? Bose, Mihir // Director;Feb1995, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p34
Focuses on the future of Wembley plc in Great Britain. Offers to buy the company; What sport that company is associated with; History of the company; Identity of serious bidders; Conflicts that have affected the company; Company's financial status.
- Wembley's back in the game. Robb, Liam // Management Today;Jun97, p70
Presents information on the bids for 120 million of Lottery money which the Wembley plc mandated for the transformation of the English National Stadium. Where the competition for the Lottery money mainly came from; Comments from Tony Banks, Labor Minister of Parliament for Newham North West.
- Stadium stall hits Wembley's plans. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;May2000, p6
Focuses on the stalled plans of Wembley in redeveloping the Wembley National Stadium. Role of the Brent Council in the approval of the plans; Effect of the stalled plans to the proposed hosting of the World Cup in 2006.
- Wembley set for facility upgrade. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Mar2000, p6
Details the plan of Wembley company to redevelop its Wembley Arena and Wembley Conference and Exhibition Centre to complement the proposed National Stadium in London, England. Pre-tax profit reported by the company.
- Property to be valued less frequently. // Accountancy;May97, Vol. 119 Issue 1245, p68
Reports on Wembley PLC's decision to revise its schedule for valuation of its properties. Details of the revision; Preparation of the 1996 account.
- Wembley reveals plan to focus on track-base businesses. // Leisure & Hospitality Business;8/22/2002, p2
Reports on the plans of gaming and track entertainment group Wembley to focus on its track-based gaming operations following the disposal of a number of non-core businesses. Disposal of leisure and entertainment complex; Financial performance of the company.
- deal failures. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p72
Presents information on failed deals in the U.S. merger and acquisition market as of December 2004. Reason for the failure of the acquisition deal established between Nu Coastal LLC and Cross Country Energy LLC; Withdrawal of the acquisition agreement established between Newbridge Capital LLC...