DLJ snares Advanstar
- Advanstar's New Reach. Schwartz, Matthew // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;09/15/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p14
Reports that Advanstar Communications Inc. will be able to draw from a $5-billion investment fund created by DLJ Merchant Banking Partners LP. Use in financing future acquisitions; Rank in the business-to-business trade show and publishing industries; Sale to the investment partnership Hellman...
- DLJ unit to buy Advanstar for $900M. Callahan, Sean // B to B;08/28/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the agreement of DLJ Merchant Banking Partners LP to acquire Advanstar Communications. Significance of the deal for validating Advanstar's business plan and business-to-business media; Launching of the expansion strategy for the company.
- Advertisers not ready to write off business press. Obrecht, John // B to B;09/25/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 15, p12
Reports on print advertising in the United States. DLJ Merchant Banking Partners LP's acquisition of Advanstar Communications Inc.; 'The Industry Standard' periodical's advertising pages.
- Fashionably Acquisitive. Palagano, Teresa; Krakoff, Robert // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;8/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p28
Interviews DLJ Merchant Banking Partners head Robert Krakoff on his plans for the DLJ acquisition's of business-to-business publisher Advanstar. Effect of the new ownership on Advanstar; Refinancing of Advanstar; Acquisition strategy for Advanstar; Plans to enhance shareholder value;...
- Tyson Offers to Buy IBP for $4.2 Billion. Gregorio, Cesaltine // Bank Loan Report;12/11/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p1
Focuses on the buyout offer of Tyson Foods company for IBP company. Why Tyson stated it would not need to take out a loan to pay for the purchase; Details on other offers received by IBP; Effect of the bid on the syndication of a support financing for DLJ Merchant Banking Group company.
- Advanstar Acquired By DLJ and Execs. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/12/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 70, p18
Reports on DLJ Merchant Banking Partners LP and Advanstar Exhibitions management's completion of the acquisition of Advanstar, owner of various trade shows and periodicals. Terms of the agreement; Advanstar's fashion and apparel groups.
- DLJ Merchant Banking Partners Completes Acquisition of RathGibson. // Welding Journal;Jun2007, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p6
The article highlights the plans of DLJ Merchant Banking Partners of New York, a private equity investment affiliate of Credit Suisse, to acquire RathGibson Inc. from Castle Harlan. RathGibson is a specialty manufacturer of highly engineered premium stainless steel and alloy welded tubular...
- DLJ buys Wastequip. // Waste News;7/4/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that DLJ Merchant Banking Partners has purchased Wastequip Inc., a manufacturer and marketer of equipment used to collect, process and transport solid and liquid waste materials. DLJ bought Wastequip from CIVC Partners, a private equity investment firm based in Chicago, which...
- DLJ Merchant Banking Partners to Acquire Deffenbaugh. // Official Board Markets;12/1/2007, Vol. 83 Issue 48, p4
The article reports on the move of DLJ Merchant Banking Partners LP (DLJMB) to sign a definitive agreement to acquire Deffenbaugh Industries Inc. in the U.S. The "Kansas City Star" newspaper estimates the purchase price to be between $300 million and $350 million based on revenue reports. Tom...