Stressed? Take a seat
- Office furniture market changing. // Westchester County Business Journal;9/2/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p26
Examines trends in the U.S. office furniture industry in 2002. Rise in mergers in the industry; Buyers' preference for refurbished or remanufactured furniture and ready-to-assemble furniture to reduce costs; Impact of home offices and telecommuting on the industry; Value of U.S. furniture...
- Fast-track furniture. Loukin, Andrea // Interior Design;10/31/94, Vol. 65 Issue 13, p18
Discusses the need for the furniture industry to adapt to the changing work habits and environment. Comment by Robert Arko, vice president of design at the Metropolitan Furniture; Product development taking into account changing work environment; Different office furniture designs by companies.
- OFDA launches new guide. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p17
Announces the Office Furniture Dealers Alliance's (OFDA) release of its report called 'OFDA 2001 Dealer Financial Comparison and Performance Benchmarking Guide.' Database of office furniture dealer financial and operating data; Guidelines for identifying business strengths, weaknesses and...
- Keen debut. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p2
Reports that office furniture firm Keen will launch its first collection on June 2000.
- First furniture Delphi study focuses on workstyle trends. Hoekman, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/28/99, Vol. 17 Issue 26, pB1
Reports on the findings of Delphi Study on office furniture designs and manufacture industry in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Technology-driven trends; Increased adoption of teaming principles in non-manufacturing industries; Anticipated continued growth of home offices; Changing dynamics of leasing;...
- Low confidence, weak growth stifle furniture sales. Knutson, Ted // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/08/99, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Discusses the factors affecting the slow growth of the office furniture trade in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Decline in business confidence and white collar employment; Perception of office furniture as extravagance; Effects of company downsizing and increase in mobile employees.
- An 'intelligent' modern office furniture investment. Zarcone, Teresa // Caribbean Business;1/18/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 2, pS7
Features Genius office system developed by Ofita and distributed by Makro Importers and Distributors Inc. in Puerto Rico. Cost-effectiveness of the furniture; Practicality and flexibility of the furniture line; Applicability for shared workstation and nonterritorial offices; Factors to consider...
- Modular groups, armoires prove stars in home office. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on the market performance of the home office segment of the furniture industry in the United States in October 2000. Changes in key price points; Available product designs; Market performance of various industry players.
- Furniture Industry Braces For Another Sales Decline. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p10
Reports on the state of the office furniture industry, as of May 2003. Forecasted decline of industrywide shipments for 2003; Effect of the war of the U.S. with Iraq on the industry; Information on the sales of the industry in 2002. INSET: Rise And Fall.
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;11/26/99, Issue 5165, p5
Reports on Intoform's launch of its System Fourteen range of office furniture at the Workplace '99 exhibit.