Expand to deliver
- Top North American retailers compete by converging. // Discount Store News;7/13/98, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p74
Focuses on retail companies' development of a business strategy using diversification and experimentation to fuel sales growth in North America. North American store chains' growth through acquisitions and mergers; popularity of consolidation strategies among the drug chain segment.
- Route 110 courting 3 big boxes. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/22/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 52, p1A
Reports on the plans of various businesses to develop facilities that expands the retail space at Route 110 corridor in the Town of Babylon in New York City. Construction of Stew Leonard supermarket; Size of the building; Expansion of the market.
- Empty retail space plagues West Bank. Kamerick, Megan // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/22/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p42
Reports the growing number of vacant retail spaces in West Bank, New Orleans. Estimate of the empty commercial space in West Bank; Destination of retailers from West Bank; Indicator of a healthy market.
- I smell a (SKU) rat. Eder, Rob // Drug Store News;7/19/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p10
In this article the author reflects on the possible impact of the stock-keeping unit (SKU) strategies implemented by retail stores in the U.S.
- Retailer planned to expand in on Greenburgh's Central Avenue. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p3
Reports the plan of Westchester Square to expand its space in the Greenburgh retail center in New York. Area for expansion; Shutdown of stores of Service Merchandise; Completion of the shopping center in 1980.
- LNT shifts its strategy for textiles. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;04/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p1
Focuses on the business planning of Linen 'N Things in Clifton City, New Jersey. Disappointment over textiles sales; Launch of Nautica Home; Goal of increasing store productivity; Increase of average transactions within stores.
- First De Beers Store to Open in London. Rates, Rob; Roskin, Gary // JCK;Mar2002, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p48
Reports the plan of opening De Beers-LVMH retail store in London, England. Commitment for global excellence; Plans of entering the U.S. market; Views of Gary Ralfe, De Beers executive on the opening.
- Street Chic. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3
Reports the expansion of urban clothing stores in New Orleans, Louisiana. Sales of the hip-hop clothing; Origin of urban clothing fashion; Increase demand of hip-hop labels.
- Hayes expands sales area after 17 year wait. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;8/10/2001, Issue 5250, p3
Reports the expansion of the Bath store by TR Hayes. Features of the expansion; Area to be added to the retail store; Amount of investment incurred in the Bath store.