GP&J Baker history lesson
- graphic hearts. // Belle;Apr/May2006, p62
A list of designer ranges of fabrics for covering a piece of furniture is provided including Kapa Triangle by Perennials from South Pacific Fabrics, Giant Peony by G.P. & J. Baker from Mokum Textiles, and Horjarasca by Gaston y Daniela from Brunschwig & Fils.
- Baker creates a total lifestyle brand. // Home Furnishings;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p4
States that G P & J Baker has launched a range of upholstered furniture. Identification of strategy that was used; Comments from Managing Director Martin Fear; Description of the types of furniture that will be available from the company.
- Lizz Cann leaves Crownson for G P & J Baker. // Home Furnishings;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p4
Reports that Lizz Cann, a former employee of Crowson Fabrics, has been recruited by the G P and J Baker company. Identification of her role and responsibilities.
- Warren takes on joint role. // Home Furnishings;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the appointment of Chris Warren as director of GP and J Baker, and Parker Knoll Fabrics and Wallpapers companies. Previous position held by Warren; Circumstances surrounding Warren's appointment; Comments Warren.
- Crowson silent on fabric firms takeover talk. // Cabinet Maker;04/13/2001, Issue 5233, p4
Reports the acquisition of GP&J Baker and Monkwell Fabrics by Silentnight and Crowson Fabrics in Great Britain. Refusal of the Silentnight to comment on the issue; Publication of the interim results; Sales of Parker Knoll Fabrics, Raymakers and Fardis.
- GP&J Baker goes to Kravet for _GCP_2.7m. // Cabinet Maker;06/15/2001, Issue 5242, p2
Reports that Silentnight has sold GP&J Baker to Kravet Fabrics Inc.
- Kravet buys G.P. & J. // Home Textiles Today;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p2
Reports the acquisition of the G.P. & J. Baker Ltd. by Kravet Fabrics.
- Fabrics fail to match furniture sales rise at Cornwell Parker. // Home Furnishings;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the sales performance of furniture and interiors distributors in Great Britain in 1998. Rise in furniture sales of Cornwell Parker; Fabric operating profits; Increase in profits and sales of Monkwell due to successful new product launches; GP&J Baker's improvement of its performance...
- VERSATILE FLEECE. Mitchell, Kim // Wearables Business;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p38
Deals with polar fleece and micro fleece fabrics in the U.S. Origins of fleece fabrics; Trends in fleece apparel; Innovations in fleece decoration. INSETS: Innovation making inroads in fleece decoration;Tip-time: Embroidering on fleece.