Pine decline hits Kimbell
- Natuzzi 2Q profits drop. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p63
Reports on the declining second quarter sales of upholstery producer Natuzzi in Italy. Decrease of the gross profits; Reduction of the operating income; Impact of currency change on prices.
- Forward orders for furniture give 'serious cause for concern', says BRC. // Cabinet Maker;6/10/2011, Issue 5741, p10
The article reports on the statement from the British Retail Consortium (BRC) that sales for furniture and floor coverings in Great Britain has declined sharply.
- Argos and Homebase suffer fall in sales. // Cabinet Maker;6/18/2010, Issue 5692, p8
The article reports on the decline sales achieved by furniture company Argos and Homebase with the percentage of 5.2 in Great Britain as of February 28 to May 29, 2010 based on Home Retail Group PLC report.
- Great American Oak shuts down. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p4
Reports the closure of Great American Oak, a home entertainment manufacturer in the United States. Focus of owner Earl Payton on other business ventures; Introduction of adult bedroom furniture; Changes in furniture designs.
- Havertys earning drop 23.9% as sales fall 3.8%. // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p78
Reports the decline of the earnings per share of furniture retail chain Havertys Furniture in the United States. Cause of the decrease of sales; Projection of marketing; Focus on improving gross margins.
- Gap costs key categories billions. // Furniture/Today;9/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p14
Reports the retail sales losses of furniture industries in the United States.
- Half billion lost from recession. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/2009, Issue 5667, p5
The article reports on the 408-million-pound profit loss of furniture retailers due to the economic downturn in 2008 as revealed by market analyst Plimsoll in Great Britain.
- Bestar posts C$3.3M loss. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p46
Reports on the business losses of ready-to-assemble manufacturer Bestar in Quebec. Decline of revenue; Result of the currency exchange contracts; Volatility of the economy.
- Enodis plunges after another warning. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;03/30/2001, Issue 5231, p6
Reports the financial loss of the kitchen equipment firm Enodis in the United States. Trading figures of the on sale bedroom and kitchen chain Magnet; Financial conditions of other furnishing companies; Significance of the slowing stockmarkets to the downturn of furnishing industries.