Cargo hit by unauthorised offshore deal
- Cargo opens 40th store. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Nov/Dec96, Issue 131, p6
Focuses on JW Carpenter's opening of its 40th Cargo Homeshop store in Crawley's County Mall, west of Sussex, England. Total area of the unit; Former occupant of the unit; Promotional strategy of the store; Reason for the expansion.
- Cargo changes colour. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Jul96, Issue 128, p7
Reports on the change in color of Cargo stores in Oxfordshire, England after a change in format. Adoption of the color yellow as a conscious attempt to create free publicity in the local press; Increase in sales of the company.
- Cargo Homeshops. // Cabinet Maker;06/02/2000, Issue 5190, p11
Describes Cargo Homeshops' house furnishings store at Charter Place in Watford, England.
- No more stores for Cargo. // Cabinet Maker;06/15/2001, Issue 5242, p1
Reports that Cargo Homeshops has ruled out expansion.
- Homestyle and Cargo axe 18 stores. // Cabinet Maker;5/7/2010, Issue 5686, p9
The article reports on the move of furniture and accessories retailers Homestyle and Cargo to close some of their stores.
- Storage on a DVD. // Works Management;Apr2008, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p13
The article evaluates the new brochure released by Cargo, which is on DVD format.
- Calculating fraud damage awards. Bjorklund, Paul R.; Chang, Stanley Y. // CPA Journal;Apr94, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p74
Presents guidelines for calculating fraud damage awards. Occurrence of a fraud loss; Two theories used in assessing fraud damages; Working with counsel in calculating fraud loss; Lost-profits calculations; Determining the damage period; Use of growth rate to incorporate the increase in earnings...
- Homeware chain hires marketing chief following restructure. // Marketing Week;10/11/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p8
Reports the appointment of Julia Greenhough as the head of marketing in Cargo HomeShops Company. Restructuralization of the management team; Increase on the customer focus and improving the in-store experience; Introduction of senior management.
- Cargo in receivership -- again. // Housewares;Aug2000, Issue 153, p39
Discloses that British housewares retailer Cargo Homeshops has gone into administrative receivership with substantial debts.