- A moment of truth. // New Statesman;03/13/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4376, p4
Focuses on the issues concerning the presentation of Labour Chancellor Gordon Brown on the Budget for Great Britain. Important issues which should be tackled on the Budget; Disadvantages of the overvalued sterling; Important aspects of the Budget regarding welfare and green taxes; Information...
- Back to school for business. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;3/31/2006, Issue 5481, p10
The article reports on the implications of Budget plans and policy under Gordon Brown, Chancellor of the Exchequer in Great Britain, on furnishing retailers specifically for small businesses. The budget proposals indicate a lack of support for struggling small businesses, while focusing on the...
- A 'political' budget says GTMA. // Metalworking Production;Apr2004, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p6
Argues that the manufacturing sector, which provides so much of the budgetary income, has been ignored by Gordon Brown of the British Department of Budget. View that the apparent phaseout of the 100 percent capital allowance on information technology contravenes the government's aim of...
- Will brown listen? Turpin, Andrew; Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director (00123242);Jan1998, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on Chancellor Gordon Brown, Green Budget proposal which hasn't received a good response from small and medium sized firms. When the proposal was announced; What the Green Budget implements; Comments from Brown.
- Offering a helping hand with chid care. Finn, Widget; Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director (00123242);Jan1998, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on Chancellor Gordon Brown, Green Budget proposal which includes a investment in after-school childcare provision. How parents will benefit from the budget provisions; Comments from policy advisor at the Institute of Personnel and Development, Angela Baron.
- Brown sugar. Jacobs, Ilan // Money Marketing;4/24/2003, p44
Comments on the Budget reported by Great Britain's Chancellor Gordon Brown. View that the country is capable of weathering economic storms; Rule on maximum debt; Regional policy, employment and housing market; Setting of date for the announcement of five economic tests for the euro.
- Brown's budget for poor aids retailers. O'Sullivan, Tom // Marketing Week (01419285);3/19/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
Presents information on Gordon Brown's budget, for poor aids retailers in Great Britain. Reference to Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs); Comments from British Retail Consortium (BRC) economist Pamela Webber; Indepth look at Brown's budget. INSETS: Motor sector studies the `small print';Budget...
- Budget 98 responses. // Marketing Event;Apr98, p4
Reports on the mixed reactions raised by the proposed budget of Chancellor Gordon Brown of Great Britain. How the marketing events industry viewed the issue; Problem areas in Chancellor Brown's second budget.
- Budget date announced. // Accountancy;Apr2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1316, p103
Reports on the announcement of the date for the 2003 Budget by Chancellor Gordon Brown in Great Britain.