- Goodbye Affirmative Action, Hello Diversity! Menzel, Donald C. // PA Times;Apr2005, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p12
Reports that ICMA Executive Board has approved changes in the Code's Guidelines in the U.S. Replacement of affirmative action with diversity; Guidelines of ICMA concerning discrimination based on sexual orientation or physical disability; Overview on the guidelines that defines equal opportunities.
- A 360-degree turn for the better. Ward, Peter // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p20
Evaluates the 360-degree feedback methods of performance measurement. How the feedback method works; Comparison of traditional performance measurement systems and 360-degree feedback; Features of 360-degree feedback; Sources of feedback method; Pitfalls to be avoided as result of 360-degree...
- 360 degree ratings: An analysis of assumptions and a research agenda for evaluating their validity. Borman, Walter C. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p299
Determines the validity of the 360-degree feedback for rating of employees. Two primary assumptions of practitioners using the 360-degree ratings; Hypotheses on the disagreement of supervisors and peers over their performance ratings; Implication of the disagreement.
- What is the afterlife of affirmative action? Gould, Jon // Human Rights;Fall95, Vol. 22 Issue 4, preceding p1
This article deals with the elimination of affirmative action in the U.S. The Supreme Court has ruled that racial preferences are presumptively unconstitutional and several members of Congress have introduced legislation to eliminate affirmative action in government programs. Affirmative action...
- Gandhi, Frederick Douglass and Affrimative Action. Killian, Lewis M. // International Journal of Politics, Culture & Society;1991, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p167
This article focuses on the question of affirmative action â€” doomed or self-perpetuating, with examples from India and the U.S. India experienced anti-reservation riots by university students, a strike by doctors and the self-immolation of one student, when in 1990 the government proposed...
- The Pursuit of Ethnic Symmetry. // National Review;11/12/1976, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p1222
The article comments on the plan of the Dallas, Texas Police Department to drop its program that aims to hire minority-group members in equal numbers with whites. It points out that recruiting minorities is comically inappropriate given the crime rate among blacks and Chicanos. It further...
- AN IMPERFECT SOLUTION FOR AN IMPERFECT WORLD. GRENELL, ALEXIS // City & State;2/25/2013, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p28
The author reflects on the protest of New York State Senator John Bonacic against social engineering which concentrated on making sure everything is racially balanced. Affirmative action is described to by hypocritical as the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment already guarantees...
- employment equity. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p2757
A definition of the term employment equity is presented. It refers to the South African policy of giving preference in employment opportunities to qualified people from discriminated sections of the society.
- A Look at Equal Employment Opportunity. Rodriguez, Armando M. // Labor Law Journal;May82, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p259
The article focuses on the performance of the equal employment opportunity programs in the United States. A conservative estimate suggests that approximately 70 percent of the total civilian labor force is working with employers, both public and private, covered by Title VII of the Civil Rights...