Nokia Adds $150M for Startups
- Nokia announces new $100M venture-capital fund. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;12/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p21
Presents information on Nokia Growth Partners, the venture-capital fund of Nokia Corp. Focus of Nokia Growth Partners in funding companies; Views of general partner Rob Trice on the decision of Nokia Growth Partners to fund consumer electronics companies.
- Nokia Growth Partners Leads $50M Round for Moovit. // European Telecom;Jan2015, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
The article reports that a $50-million-dollars in Series C funding was closed by Moovit, the intelligent local transit application or app, from venture capital firms Nokia Growth Partners LP, BMW iVentures, and Vaizra Investments.
- Nokia adds $150M to VC fund. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;8/4/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 31, p16
The article reports that the firm Nokia Growth Partners will invest $150 million of the money earned by Nokia Corp. in companies focused on mobile services and software, including context and location based services, mobile payments and mobile advertising. Nokia Corp. manufactures mobile...
- Nokia names U.S. banker CFO. // Treasury & Risk Management;Nov2003, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the appointment of Rick Simonson as chief financial officer of Nokia Corp. Job responsibilities; Career history.
- Filings Indicate SCOR is Too Small. // SCOR Report;2001 Mid-Year Review, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p1
Presents an update on venture capital filings in the U.S. as of the second quarter of 2001.
- Why is it so Hard to Get Venture Capital? // Export Wise;Spring2003, p5
Focuses on the venture capital industry in Canada as of April 2003. Overview of investment activity in the industry in 1999; Factors which venture capitalists consider when deciding where to invest; Effect of the economic condition on the industry.
- Lenders set bar higher in '01. Leaf, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;12/11/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 51, pSB6
Discusses the market prospects for small business financing in Chicago, Illinois in 2001. Impact of the likely increase in interest rates in 2001; Increased scrutiny by bankers of small businesses' loan portfolios; Requirements for small firms to attract and secure venture capital.
- Mezzanine financing prevents ownership dilution. Wojtowicz, Jean // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/26/99, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p49A
Presents an answer to a question about how to raise venture capital for a small business without giving up more equity. Banks and lenders' eagerness to help companies grow because they create vibrant local economies, creating a demand for more loans; Suggestion to ask the small business' lender...
- Microenterprise has international roots. // Las Vegas Business Press;04/30/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p18B
Focuses on the United States Small Business Administration (SBA) MicroLoan Program in Nevada. Nevada Microenterprise Initiative as SBA-certified microlender; Products and services offered; Borrower qualifications; Contact number.