Global Tech Briefs: Nintendo, BSkyB, Mini-Notes, and Google
- NINTENDO 3D PASSES 4.5 MILLION IN SALES. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;3/12/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the roughly 4.5 million units sold by Nintendo of its glasses-free 3DS portable gaming system as announced by the company on March 6, 2012.
- Will Wii Sink Nintendo? Lee, Michael // Red Herring;10/3/2008, p2
The article discusses the impact of the success of the Nintendo Wii game console on the identity of the company. Wii has come first in terms of total console sales of 11.9 million, besting Microsoft's 10.9 million in Xbox 360 sales. The console is forecast to sell four times as many as the Xbox...
- Wii to Hit Shelves in November. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;9/18/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 38, p50
This article reveals that Nintendo has plans to release its Wii gaming console to North American stores on November 19, 2006. Nintendo will include a feature called the Wii Channel Menu, a series of on-screen channels that let users pick games to play, get news or weather, view and send photos...
- I AM #6. // Street Machine;Sep2011, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p161
The article offers information on Wii-U, the sixth game console that Nintendo will release in 2012.
- THE CONSOLE WARS: GAME ON. Frederick, Jim; Sekiguchi, Toko // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/15/2003, Issue 49, p56
The article focuses on the declining sales of Nintendo's video games. The company had to stop the production of GameCubes video game consoles for the first nine months of 2003 due to an inventory of unsold videogames. The company's performance has been affected by its reluctance to sell its...
- Firm Forecasts $8B in Revenue For Connected Game Consoles. Gaudiosi, John // Home Media Magazine;9/14/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p1
This article reports that Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo will be generating more than $8 billion in online content and services revenue through broadband-connected consoles by 2013, according to a report from Parks Associates entitled "Connected Consoles: Games, Media and Beyond." The report also...
- Nintendo Wii Chip Ships. Sperling, Ed // Electronic News;9/18/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 38, p6
The article reports on the decision of IBM to start shipping Power-architecture chips for the upcoming Wii video console of Nintendo. This is the last of the Big Three gaming platforms for which IBM has developed microprocessors. What is known is that the chips, code-named Broadway, will be...
- Nintendo ties up with Fujifilm. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);8/1/2008, p8
The article reports on the partnership established by Fujifilm with Nintendo to offer a service that will enable users of the Wii gaming console to upload pictures to be printed and delivered to their house. The Digicam Print Channel allows the user to transfer photos onto the gaming console...
- Get-fit kit. // Journal of Essential Oil-Bearing Plants;Mar2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p52
No abstract available.