Flash! A.P. Bets on the iPhone Generation
- Verve Develops a Talent for Putting The News on Cell Phones. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;5/19/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the collaboration between New York-based media company The Associated Press and San Diego, California-based software maker Verve Wireless Inc. to introduce the AP Mobile News Network service. It mentions that Verve Wireless has the ability to deliver intensely local...
- Show Me The (Mobile) Money. Griffith, Erin // Adweek;5/23/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 20, p46
The article examines venture capital finance related to the Internet and mass media industries. Investments by venture capital in companies which are related to mobile computing and mobile communication systems are considered. It is noted that the rate of investment in such companies is higher...
- In The Loop. Pasquariello, Alex // Conde Nast Traveler;Feb2009, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p55
The article offers various topics on electronic information in 2009. Twitter, social networking site, became a household word during the Mumbai attacks, when eyewitnesses started posting minute-by-minute accounts that were read by tens of thousands of people. The free smartphone application of...
- VCs turn away from startups. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/30/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the venture capital funding of startup companies in Connecticut. Availability of venture capital for emerging firms; Investment focus of venture capital firms; Market trends influencing venture capital decision-making.
- When the Going Gets Tough... Tilley, Allison Leopold; Kohn, Bradley D. // Siliconindia;Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p56
Examines how venture-funded start-ups in the U.S. can survive financing difficulties. Description of desperation financing, such as bridge loan financing with onerous terms and takeover financing; Option of selling the business to a third party; Choice of the last option which is closure of the...
- PLANS.TOPIC: 371 Venture Capital Firms. Ragland, Vincent // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;10/6/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 39, p6
The article discusses venture capital firms which provide investment capital to new business enterprises and small businesses for maximum return and profit.
- Startup Funding Sources. // Black Enterprise;Sep2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p18
The article provides information on some funding sources for start-up companies including Impact America Fund, Minority Angel Investor Network, and Venture Capital Access Program.
- A Dose of Reality About Venture Capital. // USA Today Magazine;Jul2013, Vol. 142 Issue 2818, p8
The article discusses several myths about venture capital (VC) such as the idea that VC is a helpful funding source for new businesses.
- SEED MONEY. Worrell, David // Entrepreneur;Nov2003, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the rebound in venture capital financing in the United States. Insights from a study of VentureOne, a research firm; Comparison between the level of venture investments in early-stage in the second quarter of 2003 and the quarter before; Industries leading the surge.