CMEA Ventures Considers $500M Clean-tech Fund
- An Early Player Refines Its Game. Fairley, Peter // Chemical Week;4/28/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 16, p65
Focuses on CMEA Ventures, one of the first venture capital funds to focus on chemicals. Portfolio of the company; How Thomas Baruch, founder and general partner, views the CMEA strategy; Funds and electronic fund investors of CMEA; Contributions of the company.
- Visiogen adds private $24M; Serica garners 'C' $12 million. // Medical Device Daily;3/1/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 41, p3
The article reports on the move of Visiogen to raise funds from new and current investors in support of its Synchrony dual optic accommodating intraocular lens. Several groups that have contributed to the fund raising include investors CMEA Ventures and Foundation Medical Partners. Information...
- CMEA Ventures to Raise $400M Fund. Moresco, Justin // Red Herring;11/13/2008, p4
The article reports on the plan of CMEA Ventures to raise a new $400 million fund in early 2009 to invest in growth-stage clean technology companies. The San Francisco, California-based venture capital firm, which backs lithium-ion battery maker A123 Systems among other clean tech startups, was...
- Week In Review. // Money Management Executive;4/26/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p4
The article offers world news briefs. The BlackRock Multi-Sector Bond Fund and BlackRock Strategic Income Opportunities Fund was introduced by BlackRock Inc. The world's most energy-efficient country is Japan because of excellent energy technologies including photovoltaic solar panels, wind...
- LGSS goes green. // Super Review;Jul2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the move of Local Government Superannuation Scheme (LGSS) to fully utilize green-sourced energy in New South Wales. Brian Harris, LGSS chairman, said the move was part of a board decision to maximize sustainability through its investments. He adds that the fund had...
- Real Simple/To Go. // Real Simple;Apr2007, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p34
The article offers suggestions on home economics. It has been suggested that electric kettles should be used to save energy. It has been mentioned that people should start with simple index mutual funds when they plan about money-saving, and should use online-only checking or savings accounts...
- National Mission on Energy Efficiency. MARPHATIA, RAVI // Paintindia;Oct2009, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p54
The article reports on the approval of the National Mission on Enhanced Energy Efficiency by the Council on Climatic Changes in India. The mission is aimed at addressing climate change. The Perform, Achieve and Trade (PAT) mechanism is part of the mission which is responsible for assigning...
- Jim Watson: Contemporary impressionist. Hurwitz, Laurie S. // American Artist;Mar1996, Vol. 60 Issue 644, p22
Profiles Arlington, Virginia, artist Jim Watson. Where he gets his inspiration from; His travels; Painting career.
- Software review. Fox, Gary N. // Journal of Family Practice;Apr1999, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p308
Reviews the multimedia CD-ROM medical software Physiologic Origins of Heart Sounds and Murmurs from CMEA Ventures.