Google Launches Wikipedia Rival
- Google extends AdSense scheme. // New Media Age;6/24/2004, p3
Google Inc. has announced an extension of its AdSense program to let low traffic sites carry contextually targeted advertisements. It is also testing a new customizable search facility. AdSense delivers text and image ads contextually targeted according to site content. Previously it was only...
- Google lets novice site builders use AdSense to profit from UGC. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;8/3/2006, p4
The article explains the AdSense advertising serving programme of Google to be used on its Web site building tool which allows novice Web designers to earn money through user-generated content. The Google Page Creator feature is available to all Gmail users and is being beta-tested which will...
- In Google We Trust. O'Hara, Carolyn // Foreign Policy;Mar/Apr2006, Issue 153, p93
This article reports on Google Adsense, a program in which Google pays Web site publishers for advertising space. Google automatically places ads on the site and, for each click on an ad, Google receives a small profit from the advertiser. It then pays Web site operators a percentage of that...
- Close-Up: It's time for a more collaborative approach to combatting pirated content. McEleny, Charlotte // New Media Age (Online Edition);8/15/2012, p4
The article discusses the need for the digital advertising industry to act against pirated websites as its is affecting advertising spending. Google Inc., PRS for Music and Detica released a report outlining the different commercial models that pirated content websites use to monetise on the...
- Web publishers join forces to reach prospects at work. Maddox, Kate // B to B;7/15/2002, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p3
Reports the launching of the At-Work Brand Network among Internet publishers in the U.S. Sale of Internet advertising space by day-parts across a network of Web sites for office employees; Enumeration of publishers; Spearhead of the effort by CBS MarketWatch.
- Too little advertising. Littwin, Angela // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar97, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p26
Reports that companies are beginning to pull out of Web publishing because there are too many ventures competing for few advertising revenue schemes.
- nma on search - 09.03.12. // New Media Age (Online Edition);3/9/2012, p10
The article presents information on Google Inc. and the advertising sector, including the beginning of its keyword encryption in Great Britain, and plans to bring its AdWords for video product out of beta.
- Google to offer option of targeted banner ads. McCormick, Andrew // Marketing (00253650);3/31/2010, p6
The article reports on the initiative of Google Inc. to offer remarketing, a service which enables advertisers to tailor online advertising based on users' web habits.
- NEXT. // Adweek;4/12/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 15, p9
An introduction is presented to a series of articles in this issue on the Internet industry firm Google Inc. which examine different areas of the company's Internet advertising operations including display advertising, Internet video advertising and so-called "social media" such as online social...