CBS Radio Sound Checks Video
- THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. HEINE, PAUL // Billboard;12/18/2010, Vol. 122 Issue 50, p34
The article looks at the performance of terrestrial radio broadcasters in 2010, focusing on how they have embraced innovative practices in order to stay competitive with Internet radio broadcasters. U.S. radio chains Citadel, Entercom, and CBS Radio are discussed. The author comments on the...
- AM, FM or URL? the pros and cons of online radio. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;11/22/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p19
Reports the increase of internet radio stations in Great Britain. Benefit in using the Web; Importance of audience potential; Complexity of the relationship between radio and the Internet.
- Classic FM to begin online radio push. // Media Week;12/11/2007, p12
The article reports that G Cap Media's Classic FM is launching to six online radio streams that will offer listeners a range of targeted music. The service will offer a stream of playlists around genres including opera, chill and movie soundtracks, plus channels dedicated to popular Classic FM...
- Chapter 34: INTERNET RADIO. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli D. // Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook;2005, Issue 7, p273
Chapter 34 of the book "The 2005 Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research in Handbook" is presented. It deals with Internet radio in the U.S. The number of listeners a week attracted by top services is cited. Internet radio companies had to begin to pay record labels a royalty...
- Media: Things we like. // Campaign;5/23/2014, p38
- Enduring appeal of radio
- Video Helps The Radio Star. Heine, Paul // Billboard;4/25/2009, Vol. 121 Issue 16, p66
The article discusses the effect of Internet video and social media websites on the popularity of online radio streaming. Details are provided about data from Arbiton and Edison Research which illustrates the increase in the number of people listening to radio streams online. The role of online...
- Pandora unleashes its sales force on local radio advertising market. FLAMM, MATTHEW // Crain's New York Business;4/21/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p0001
The article features streaming service Pandora Media Inc. which has unleashed its large sales force towards targeting the advertisement revenue flowing to the AM/FM radio. Topics discussed include financial results of the company for 2013, the dominance of Pandora in streaming radio and in local...
- Online radio listeners increase. // New Media Age;2/3/2005, p8
This article reports on an increase in the number of people listening to the radio via the Internet, according to official audience figures from Rajar. Data from the radio ratings body shows that 16.3 percent of the British population tuned in via the Web during the fourth quarter of 2004, up...
- Web Radio Starts To Cast A Wide Net. Bruno, Antony // Billboard;4/29/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 17, p14
Reports on the increase in Internet radio listeners in the U.S. as of April 29, 2006. Data released by Arbitron and Edison Media Research; Market share of Clear Channel; Reasons cited for the increase according to Bill Rose, Arbitron senior vice president of marketing and business development.