Global Briefs: Fratricide, Copycats, Cuts and E-News
- Sony Ericsson challenged financially, but holding ground. CARSON, PHIL // RCR Wireless News;10/20/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p7
The article reports on the financial performance of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications Inc. for the third quarter of 2008. The company posted revenue of $3.8 billion, down 10% from the third quarter of 2007, which reflects a loss of $33.6 million. It also shows that the company's average...
- Canal Plus, Orange juice up deal. Keslassy, Elsa // Daily Variety;7/18/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that Canal Plus Group SA and telecommunication giant brand Orange of France Telecom SA has unveiled the final details of their strategic alliance on July 15, 2011.
- Microsoft expands its wireless-market presence. Meisner, Jeff // Journal of Business (10756124);11/21/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 24, pA18
Reports on the alliance of Microsoft Corp. and Orange SA in Washington. Commitment of the company to Smartphones; Development of an audience for the spendy smart devices; Creation of digital photographs.
- MTN partners with Ecobank for money transactions. // African Business News;3/18/2014, p21
The article reports that MTN Froup and Ecobank have partnered to allow MTN Mobile Money users with Ecobank accounts to withdraw cash and transfer money between the accounts.
- CompUSA, alternative handset channel, vaporizes. // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p14
The article reports on the announcement that consumer electronic retailer CompUSA was up for sale. It states that the chain which is owned by Grupo Carso SA is being purchased by global restructuring and investment firm Gordon Brothers Group LLC. It mentions that CompUSA has been one of several...
- Reliance Communications in talks with Aircel to merge wireless biz. // Indiantelevision.com;12/22/2015, p4
The article reveals that Anil Ambani's Reliance Communications (RCOM) has entered into a 90-day exclusivity period with Maxis Communications Berhad (MCB) and Sindya Securities and Investments, the shareholders of Aircel Limited.
- FT and Fujitsu announce joint grid computing project. // Telecom Asia;Jan2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p28
The article reports that France Telecom SA and Fujitsu Corp. have announced a joint initiative on grid computing technology. It is the first project of a strategic partnership agreement the two companies signed in July to promote joint research and development in distributed computing,...
- Avaya Sets Equant Alliance, Offshore Product Moves. // TelecomWeb News Digest;9/7/2005, p4
The article reveals that Avaya has formed an alliance with France Telecom's global accounts carrier Equant to jointly deliver advanced Internet Protocol communications solutions to customers. Avaya also disclosed product developments with mobile radio supplier Nokia in Finland and systems...
- SNET DG, FRANCE TELECOM JOIN FOR ROAMING. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;4/19/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 8, p20
Reports on New England-based signaling and database provider SNET Diversified Group's signing of international roaming agreements with France Telecom. Terms of the agreement; Significance of the deal to both companies.