Microsoft Calls Seinfeld to the Rescue
- Comedian Shows Seinfeld, Serious Side To Stand-Up. Remson, Adam // SHOOT;10/4/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 39, p7
Profiles Jerry Seinfeld, a television comedian on his career move to write commercials in New York City. Irony of Seinfeld's decision regarding his career move; Film 'Comedian' produced by Ogilvy & Mather Ltd. based on Seinfeld's experiences of comedy clubs in New York; Story of the movie.
- Critics Boo Microsoft's Seinfeld-Gates Ad. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;9/5/2008, p4
The article reports on the response of critics to the Jerry Seinfeld-Bill Gates commercial, which is intended to give a face-lift to Microsoft's tired image. The spot was developed by advertising firm Crispin Porter and Bogusky as part of a $300 million campaign. It shows an odd conversation...
- What you say. // Advertising Age;9/22/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 35, p13
The article presents reader responses to one of Microsoft Corp.'s advertising campaigns. Microsoft ran a television commercial for its personal computer featuring comedian Jerry Seinfeld and Microsoft chairman Bill Gates. The majority of responses are not favorable for the commercial with many...
- A Commercial About Nothing. // CRN;9/15/2008, Issue 1273, p47
The article reports on the $300 million advertising campaign launched by Microsoft Corp. which features Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates. The inaugural commercial aired during the first regular season game of the National Football League (NFL). It says that the 90 second advertisement, which can...
- bill and jerry's. // CREATIVITY;Sep2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the advertising campaign launched by Crispin Porter & Bogusky and Microsoft Corp. The campaign is a 90-second spot that features the encounter between computer entrepreneur Bill Gates and comedian Jerry Seinfeld at a bargain shoe store. According to Microsoft, the scheme...
- AmEx finds new role for Seinfeld. Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;10/14/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 42, p8
Informs that American Express Co. has recommitted to Jerry Seinfeld in their new advertisements. AmEx's belief that Seinfeld is the perfect pitchman; Growing relationship with Seinfeld; Seinfeld's absence from global advertising campaign.
- Seinfeld Is a Hit in Tel Aviv. // Baltimore Jewish Times;1/1/2016, Vol. 348 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the shows performed by comedian Jerry Seinfeld at an basketball arena in Tel Aviv, Israel, where he took questions from the audience and did not talk about the security situation; and mentions that Seinfeld visited Israel in 2007 during promotion of his film "The Bee Movie."
- Microsoft Cuts Seinfeld, Starts Eva Longoria. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;9/18/2008, p3
The article reports on the next phase of the $300 million advertising campaign launched by Microsoft. The campaign aims to change its image and promote its Vista operating system. The first two ads featured Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld which were received very coldly by both critics and viewers...
- Seinfeld in advertising: Yada, yada, nada. Mullich, Joe // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;06/22/98, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p5
Comments on the hiring of comedian Jerry Seinfeld to appear on various commercials in the United States. Plan of Seinfeld to start his own advertising agency; Fascination of advertising people with Seinfeld.