- GOLDMAN BANKER'S EX-SECRETARY SKIPS THEFT TRIAL. Hahn, Avital Louria; Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/2/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 46, p4
Presents news briefs related to investment banking as of December 2, 2002. Scrutiny of e-mails of stock analysts of investment banks; Appointment of Lou Gerstner as head of the Carlyle Group; Sale of stake in Credit Lyonnais by the French Government to BNP Paribas SA.
- Does Carlyle Group Actually Run the World? Eisler, Kim; Conconi, Chuck // Washingtonian Magazine;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p10
Profiles several principals of the Carlyle Group in the U.S. Chairman Louis V. Gerstner Jr.; Former British prime minister John Major; David Rubenstein, co-founder of the Carlyle Group in 1987.
- Gates `impressed' with Gerstner. Freedman, Beth // PC Week;5/31/93, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p3
Reports on Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates' being impressed with IBM Corp. chairman Louis Gerstner after an informal get-acquainted session. Gerstner as a businessman open to working with Microsoft if it makes business sense.
- Gerstner speeds up sales reorg. Scheier, Robert L. // PC Week;7/12/93, Vol. 10 Issue 27, p122
Reports on the sales reorganization efforts of IBM Chairman and CEO Louis Gerstner. Creation of marketing specialists; Focus on vertical markets; Pressure to reverse a string of unprofitable quarters.
- Department of painful truths. // Marketing Tools;Sep97, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p10
Quotes Louis Gerstner on his appointment as chief executive officer of International Business Machines Corp.
- Three of a kind for RJR's Gerstner. Endicott, R. Craig; Taras, Susen // Advertising Age;12/7/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 50, p38
Reports that RJR Nabisco's Louis V. Gerstner Jr., chairman-chief executive officer (CEO), serves on the boards of three other companies included in the `Advertising Age' group. How much these companies contribute to Gerstner's salary.
- The power of two? // Electronic News;7/12/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1971, p4
Speculates on the reorganization of the IBM Corp. sales staff by chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Louis V. Gerstner Jr. Appointment of Bernard Pucket as senior vice president (VP) for corporate strategy and development; Gerstner's agenda for his staff.
- Lou Gerstner's `vision' for IBM? Making money again. Gilman, Hank // Newsweek;8/9/1993, Vol. 122 Issue 6, p42
Presents excerpts from an interview with Louis V. Gerstner Jr. who was brought in as CEO of IBM in April 1993 to jump-start the troubled computer maker. He discusses IBM's payroll, the board, and responds to criticism of not articulating a `vision' for Big Blue.
- Can he make an elephant dance? Levinson, Marc // Newsweek;4/5/1993, Vol. 121 Issue 14, p46
Discusses how after an embarrassingly public search that saw some of the nation's highest-profile executives conclude that the power and prestige of running the world's largest computer company weren't worth the headaches, International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) finally snared Louis Gerstner...
- Louis Gerstner's script for a debt-defying drama at RJR. // U.S. News & World Report;5/20/91, Vol. 110 Issue 19, p61
Presents an interview with RJR Nabisco Chairman Louis Gerstner who has been working for two years to shore up the bottom line and lighten the leverage load. Considers such subjects as, among others, Wall Street's love affair with RJR; Reducing the cost of RJR's debt and RJR's prospects for the...