Tech Briefs: Buggy iPhone, European VCs Stingier, Vodafone's Africa Grab
- Dial cute for iPhone. // Asia Weekly;9/8/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 35, p11
The article reports that the young Chinese factory workers whose pretty faces popped up on a British man's new iPhone is scared of all media attention in China. Accordingly, the girl has become a media sensation and dupped the iPhone after her photo was plastered all over an Apple online forum....
- THREE STRIKES FROM T-MOBILE. Bergen, Mark // Advertising Age;6/23/2014, Vol. 85 Issue 15, p8
The article offers information on the "7 Night Stand" that allows shoppers to test the iPhone 5 for one week and the "Simple Plan" for multiple music-streaming services access from T-Mobile.
- Apple streaming TV. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/10/2015, pA02
The article reports on forecasts by FBR regarding Apple streaming television and sales of iPhones and iPads in 2016.
- Prepare yourself: Apple could be about to roar. Ingham, Tim // Music Week;8/29/2014, p2
The author reflects on the impact of the arrival of iPhone 6 smartphone from Apple Inc., a manufacturer of consumer electronics, computer software, online services, and personal computers, on the streaming music market.
- Technology recovery? Not yet. Mandelberg, Larry // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/3/2004, Issue 323330, p23
The article reports that the technology industry collapsed into a coma four years ago and remains on life support today. It has not recovered nor is it about to anytime soon. The more opportunities for unbridled growth and profits, the more people wanted to invest and the opportunities became...
- BUSINESS. // Total Telecom Magazine;Apr2009, p4
This section offers news briefs on the telecommunication industry. Vodafone announced deals with major record companies to offer digital rights management-free music to subscribers. Bouygues Telecom will sell Apple's iPhone from April 2009 after an appeals court upheld the decision by the French...
- BEST OF THE TECH BLOGS. Toor, Amar; Rao, Leena; Allan, Darren // PRWeek (London);7/15/2011, p10
Several blogs on technology are presented, including one about the social X-ray glasses, a movie focused on the development and founding of the live video streaming start-up Justin.TV," and the speculation about the launch of the iPhone 5.
- The California Conundrum: the iPhone Effect. Carr, Reo // San Diego Business Journal;9/29/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p59
The author discusses aspects of technology in which he thinks the iPhone effect indicates the global reputation of San Diego and the entire state of California as centers of innovation where new businesses are created and can flourish.
- THE MONOLOGUE. // Metro (NZ);Apr2010, Issue 342, p154
The article presents the author's views on the popularity and usage of iPhone among geeks.