T. Boone Pickens Talks Trash
- Garbage in, good stuff out. // Automotive News;8/25/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6322, p46
The article informs that Cleans Energy Fuels Corp. has acquired Dallas Clean Energy, owner of the McCommas Bluff landfill gas-processing plant, the third-largest U.S. landfill gas operation. The landfill is scheduled to close in 2042, but is expected to keep producing what the company calls...
- UPDATES. // Waste Age;Sep2008, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p10
This section offers news briefs concerning the waste management industry in the U.S. Clean Energy Fuels of Seal Beach, California, acquired Dallas Clean Energy for $19.1 million. Oakleaf was named to "Inc. 5000" magazine's list of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. The Richmond,...
- PlainsCapital closing Hulen branch. Wimmer, Leslie // Fort Worth Business Press;4/5/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p4
The article reports that as part of its consolidation effort, PlainsCapital Bank will close its Hulen street branch on June 30, 2010.
- IESI makes 'big' buys. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p6
Reports the acquisition of Total Waste Systems Inc. and Centerpoint Disposal Inc. by IESI Corp. in Oklahoma. Involvement of hauling operation and transfer stations; Operation of construction and demolition debris landfill; Addition of collection, transportation and landfill network.
- Westport acquires BAF Technologies, ServoTech Engineering. // Fleet Owner;Aug2013, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on acquisition of BAF Technologies and ServoTech Engineering, both subsidiaries of Clean Energy Fuels Corp., by alternative fuel developer Westport Innovations. It mentions the partnership of Westport with automobile maker Ford's under the Qualified Vehicle Modifier (QVM)...
- Banking industry faces mergers, new opportunities. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;7/10/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 28, Special section p3
Reports on merger and acquisition activities and other business opportunities facing the banking industry of Texas in 2006. Expansion of State National Bank in Tarrant County after its acquisition by Banco Bilboa Viscaya Argentina; Overview of the acquisition deal between the two financial...
- UPDATES. Grzeskowiak, Jennifer // Waste Age;Dec2006, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p15
The article presents updates on waste management and recycling in the U.S. American LaFrance has announced the opening of its Parts Distribution Center, which is intended to speed delivery of cab and chassis parts for the Condor product line to its national network of dealers. Folsom,...
- Correction. // Fort Worth Business Press;9/7/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p4
A correction to an article on PlainsCapital Bank that was published in the August 31, 2009 issue is presented.
- Republic's big sell-off. // Waste News;12/8/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p8
The author reflects on the merger of Republic Services Inc. and Allied Waste Industries Inc. in the U.S. According to the author, the merger requires Republic to sell its businesses which include landfills, transfer stations and waste collection routes. The author stresses that the Justice...