Gamefactory Scores Funding for Redesign
- GAME BRIEFS. // Home Media Retailing;11/6/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p15
Presents updates on the video game industry in the U.S. as of November 6, 2005. Video game consoles that the Incredible: Rise of the Underminer" video game is available; Plan of Game Factory to create and distribute a new arcade racing video game for Nintendo DS and Sony's PlayStation 2 consoles.
- GAMESTOP PROFITS IN FISCAL 2005. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;3/26/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p24
Reports on the corporate profits posted by GameStop Corp. in fiscal fourth quarter of 2005, ended January 28, 2006. Comparison between the company's revenue in 2004 and in 2005; Decline in same-store sales; Reason the company expects further decline in same-store sales in the first quarter of 2006.
- The Games We Play. Giffen, Peter // Applied Arts Magazine;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
This article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Frank Lenk on the electronic game industry and one by Kevin Brooker on game design.
- Techlife games. Kranzl, Justin // Australian Personal Computer;Sep2002, Issue 285, p116
Features several electronic games. 'Neverwinter Nights,' developed by Bioware; 'Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos,' developed by Blizzard; 'Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament,' developed by Namco; 'Gun Metal,' developed by Rage.
- Get Plugged In. Shostak, Seth; Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Cobblestone;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p33
The article offers information on the historical background of electronics video games, the difference between computer games and video console games, advancement in the features of electronic games.
- The Internet Don't Play That. Vonder Haar, Steven // Inter@ctive Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p66
Reports that most of the console games did not translate well to connected computer networks. Next-generation video game systems that are expected to incorporate modems that allow for online play; Why many console games are called twitch games in the industry; Idea behind the family-oriented...
- E3 Games Show to Stay in Southland. Belgum, Deborah // Orange County Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the holding of the Electronic Entertainment Expo or E3 at Los Angeles Convention Center after threatening to take the video game industry's premier show to Las Vegas, Nevada. Letter of intent signed by the exposition to stay in Los Angeles; Offer made by Las Vegas to the trade show;...
- Developers Relish Arrival Of New Networks. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;3/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p28
Focuses on mobile games and other entertainment media in the mobile entertainment industry. Share of mobile gaming in wireless Internet usage worldwide; Contents that will form part of marketing packages developed in the industry; Improvements being made by industry companies on their service...
- Entertaiment/youth. // Adweek Western Edition;10/20/97 Supplement Superbrands, Vol. 47 Issue 42, p115
Presents statistical information pertaining to the electronic games industry in the United States. Contribution of Nintendo to the industry; Sales of Hasbro products; Media expenditures of the companies