Sony's Playstation to Offer Video on Demand
- REPORT: SONY PLANNING VIDEO DOWNLOAD SERVICE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;9/9/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p14
The article reports on the plan of Sony Corp. to launch a video download service via the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable devices. The service will also be compatible on its Web-based line of Bravia HDTV units. Total revenue from video downloads is predicted to surpass $7 billion by 2010,...
- PlayStation is center of Sony future. Blair, Gavin J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/27/2008, p1
The article reports that Sony Corp. has planned to add video delivery and wireless capabilities to its PlayStation consoles, Bravia televisions and other devices. Sony confirmed that the video download service for the PlayStation 3 console will be launched in the U.S. in summer 2008 and later in...
- Go to Gamers, Pay TV Nets. // Multichannel News;4/8/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p31
The author discusses the move of PlayStation 3 users in adapting the gaming console as a platform for video content and of content distributors in offering movies, series and documentaries via gaming consoles.
- SONY HAS RELEASED PSP2 AT AN INTERNAL CONFERENCE IN TOKYO. // CD Computing News;Feb2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p8
The article announces the release of the PSP2 video game console from Sony at an internal strategic conference held in Tokyo, Japan.
- launchPAD. George Winslow // Broadcasting & Cable;2/25/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 8, p4
The article offers brief information on Sony PlayStation 4 from Sony Corp.
- Insight: Road test - Gregory Birge takes the Sony PSP GO for a ride. // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Nov2010, p26
The article mentions the PSP GO, a version of the playstation portable handheld game console from Sony Corp.
- 5 Reasons to Buy a PlayStation 4 Now, 5 Reasons Not To. Peckham, Matt // Time.com;11/18/2013, p1
The article presents a review of the video game console Playstation 4 by electronics company Sony.
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Hits the 'Million Sold' Jackpot. Peckham, Matt // Time.com;11/18/2013, p1
The article comments that electronics company Sony announced it has sold a million units of its Playstation 4 game console in North America during its initial 24 hours of sale, starting midnight on November 15, 2013 and mentions it will be on sale in Europe, Australia and Brazil on November 29.
- PlayStation 4 Review: Sony's Comeback Console. Peckham, Matt // Time.com;11/15/2013, p1
The article presents a review of the PlayStation 4 video-game console from Sony Corp.