Venture Capital Still Draws LP Bucks
- VENTURE CAPITAL. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2005, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p92
Reports on the need for significant funding of Irish venture capital companies in 2006 if the level of investment in Irish industry is to continue to develop. Decline in the amount raised by Irish venture capitalists in 2004, according to the Irish Venture Capital Association Annual Review;...
- BROKER REVIEWS. // Money Marketing;9/22/2005, p36
Reports developments relating to venture capital trusts involving small business investment companies in Great Britain as of September 22, 2005. Plan of Isis Equity Partners to expand its venture capital trust for the Baronsmead VCT 3; Offers of house-to-house but-to-let tracker mortgage funded...
- Sense of venture. McLaren, Bruce // Money Marketing;2/7/2008, p61
The article offers information on the investment opportunities for venture capital trusts (VCT) in view of the new rules from April 2006. It states that VCTs were launched in 1995 to increase the flow of capital into small and growing companies of Great Britain. It mentions that though the new...
- Money still flowing, despite shaky market. Khasru, B. Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/22/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p1
Reports on a panel discussion held during the Venture Group's 2000 conference on the willingness of corporate investors to finance startup companies. Decline of technology stocks in the United States during April 2000; Requirements that entrepreneurs should fulfill in seeking venture capital.
- Venture capital groups. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/1/95, Vol. 18 Issue 18, pR28
Lists sources of venture capital for small business in the United States. Includes the International Venture Capital Institute; National Association for Female Executives; National Association of Small Business Investment Companies.
- Instil confidence in your brand if you want to secure venture capital funds. Cruickshank, Nancy // Revolution (14605953);Jan2009, p24
The author discusses ways to attract and secure venture capital (VC) funds to support small enterprises. She points out that entrepreneurs should be able to show a large market opportunity in a fast-rising sector. She elaborates that demonstrating a plan to achieve significant revenues within...
- House bill clears way for VCs. Theis, Laura // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/9/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 56, p1A
The article reports on the arguments concerning the implementation of the approved Small Business Investment Expansion Act of 2007 by the House of Representatives in Long Island, New York. The Act is for small companies that are majority-owned by venture capitalists to use Small Business...
- Engineering a Venture Capital Market: Lessons from the American Experience. Gilson, Ronald J. // Stanford Law Review;Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1067
Presents an article on the core of the U.S. venture capital contacting model and assesses the extent to which the model provides guidance in fashioning a venture capital market in other countries. Overview of the organizational and contractual structure of the venture capital; Economics of...
- Signal Strength. Ince, John F. // Entrepreneur;Mar2005, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the promotional attempts of venture capitalists in the U.S. Employment of other firms to promote their own portfolio companies; Importance of brand recognition; Efforts made by VC firms to raise funds from limited partners.