Is 'Net Powering Real Estate Recovery?
- Existing Home Sales Rise 1.5% to 5.26M Rate in October. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;11/21/2014, Issue F345, p1
Existing home sales rose 1.5% to a seasonally adjusted 5.26 million-unit rate in October from a revised 5.18 million pace the previous month, the National Association of Realtors announced Thursday.
- Optimistic Outlook For Housing Reports. // American Banker;12/22/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 226, p11
The article reports on statistics on the U.S. housing market which are expected to be released in December of 2009 by the National Association of Realtors and the U.S. Commerce Department. The National Association of Realtors is expected to report that purchases of existing homes rose 2.5% in...
- Home Sales Haven't Recovered With First-Time Buyers AWOL. MARILYN ALVA // Investors Business Daily;8/22/2014, pA01
The article focuses on the minimal increase of home sales in the U.S. as of 2014. It states that existing-home sales has increased to an annual pace of 5.15 million in July, which was lesser than the 7.1 million increase obtained in 2005, according to a data released by the National Association...
- Sales of Previously Owned Homes Drop as Investors Retreat. // National Mortgage News;9/29/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p1
The article informs that according to the National Association of Realtors, purchases of previously owned homes in the U.S. declined in August 2014 for the first time in five months. It mentions that existing home sales dropped 1.8 percent to a 5.05 million annual pace, from a revised 5.14...
- Pending Home Sales Surge. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/31/2015, pA01
7 Home contract signings shot up 3.1% in Feb., the Nat'l Assn. of Realtors said. That handily beat expectations of a 0.3% gain and sent NAR's index to its highest since June '13, with all regions enjoying yearly gains. The share of first-time buyers rose for the first time since Nov. At 29%,...
- A Cold Look At The Hot Housing Market. KATHLEEN DOLER // Investors Business Daily;8/14/2015, pA10
The article looks on the state of the U.S. housing market as of August 2015. Topics include comments from Barb Jandric of conglomerate company Berkshire Hathaway Inc. on the impact of the market's volatility on sales, the National Association of Realtors' report of the June increased of existing...
- When You Reach a Cliff, Don't Jump Build a Bridge. Walsh, John // Mortgage Banking;Jun2012, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p16
The article discusses the role of the housing market in the economic recovery in the U.S. Economics professor Edward Leamer of the University of California-Los Angeles (UCLA) Anderson School of Management asserts that housing and personal consumption are the first indicators to see growth....
- Pending Home Sales Fall 1.8% to 80.9: NAR. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33412, p31
The article highlights the report from the National Association of Realtors that the U.S. pending home sales has slid by 1.8% to a reading of 80.9 in October 2010 from a revised 4.4% rise to 82.4 in September.
- Existing Homes. // Qualified Remodeler;Jun2010, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p14
The article repots that according to the National Association of Realtors, existing-home sales rose again in April 2010 with buyers motivated by the tax credit, improving consumer confidence and favorable affordability conditions in the U.S.