Tech Briefs:Fujitsu-Siemens, Google, Wi-Fi, Asia U
- lEEE/HPTelecenter Opens in Nigeria. Ashling, Jim // Information Today;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p26
The article offers news related to the technology industry as of May 2006. A computer center that was equipped with a digital library of electrical engineering literature has been opened at the University of Ibadan in Nigeria. A new index for the digital divide in Africa was developed by the...
- AG: Google collected WiFi data. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/21/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 25, p7
The article reports on Google Inc.'s unauthorized information gathering from unsecured wireless Internet Wi-Fi spots in Connecticut.
- Google to sell Clearwire minority stake at a 94% loss. // 2.5G-4G;Mar2012, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the decision of Google to sell its U.S. WiMAx Clearwire shares due to the 94% loss on the original investment in 2008.
- Google's Gift: Free Wifi In 47 Airports. // AirGuide Online.com;11/16/2009, p1
The article reports on the plans of Google Inc. to pay the bill of WiFi at 47 of the airports in the U.S. for the rest of 2010.
- Google's Gift: Free Wifi In 47 Airports. // AirGuide Online.com;11/16/2009, p2
The article reports on the plan of Google Inc. to pay the bill for wireless fidelity (WiFi) at 47 airports in the U.S.
- WiFi in the Sky. // Scholastic Math;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the release of 30 huge balloons into the air above New Zealand by Google, a company which specializes in Internet products and services, containing special equipment that broadcasts a Wireless Fidelity signal to users on the ground, which serves as a test run for a larger...
- Fujitsu. // Micro Mart;Apr2014, Issue 1298, p130
The article highlights Fujitsu, which is among the longest lived technology firms in the world, having started as a spin-off of a spinoff of a joint venture between Siemens and the Furukawa Electric Company in 1923. Topics discussed include the telephones and switching systems business of the...
- Japan : Fujitsu Offers FENICS II Business Wi-Fi Service to Promote Business Use of Smart Devices. // TendersInfo News;8/6/2014, p1
The article offers brief information on the Fujitsu Managed Infrastructure Service FENICS II Business Wi-Fi Service from personal computer (PC) equipment company Fujitsu Ltd.
- Google to provide wi-fi at 500 Indian railway stations: PM Narendra Modi. // Express Computer;9/28/2015, p1
The article reports on the plan of technology company Google to cooperate with railway company Indian Railways to provide wireless fidelity (wi-fi) telecommunication services at several railroad stations in 2016, according to Indian Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi.