Cablevision Eyes Dividend, Spin-Offs
- Cablevision declares first dividend. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/22/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 41, p12A
The article reports on the declaration of Cablevision Systems Corp. that it will pay its first-ever regular dividend in September 2008 in Long Island, New York. The decision is a conciliatory move toward shareholders as Cablevision seeks to boost its stock price. In addition, the decision...
- CVC's Dividend. // CableFAX Daily;2/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p1
The article reports that the board of Cablevision is expected to reconsider a special dividend in the U.S. in March 2006.
- Spinoff Profile: AMC Networks. Ellis, Stephen // Morningstar OpportunisticInvestor;Apr2011, p11
The author looks at the plan of Cablevision to divest ownership in AMC Networks in 2011. The AMC channel, WE tv, IFC and the Sundance Channel are owned by the network. The divestment decision is partly attributed to the intention of Cablevision to eliminate its stock of Dolan family discount. In...
- Is Voom Out of Room? Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the significance of the suspension of the Rainbow Media Enterprises spinoff by Cablevision Systems Corp. to its Voom direct broadcast satellite television services in the U.S., as of January 2005. Impact of the spinoff suspension on the value of Cablevision stocks; Number of...
- Peabody Energy Spins-Off Patriot Coal. // Coal Age;Nov2007, Vol. 112 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the announcement of Peabody Energy that its board of directors has approved a spin-off of coal assets and operations in West Virginia and Kentucky to BTU shareholders. The spin-off was accomplished through a special dividend of all outstanding shares of Patriot Coal Corp....
- Buzz boosts Cablevision. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;8/4/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on a privatization bid for Cablevision stocks in the U.S. in August 2008 following strong second-quarter earnings. Speculation on the bid increased with the disclosure that two more Dolan family members have been added to Cablevision's board of directors. Details about the...
- Cablevision to spin off satellite business. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/6/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 24, p9A
Reports plans of Cablevision Systems Corp. to spin off its direct-broadcast satellite service along with the Clearview Cinemas theater Chain in Long Island, New York. Expected completion date of the spin-off; Cash infusion from Cablevision; View of the investment community.
- MSG Spin Will Aid Cablevision. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;1/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p21
The article reports that the board of directors at Cablevision Systems Corp. has scheduled their planned spin-off of assets at the Madison Square Garden on February 9, 2010.
- OVER THE RAINBOW. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;08/10/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 48, p5
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s plan to spin off its Rainbow Media unit into a separate tracking stock in order to unlock the value of its programming assets and gain currency for future investments. Negotiation with a deal with the New York Yankees baseball team; Plan to trade the...