Cisco to Invest $60M in Russian Startups
- New Venture Firm May Improve Russian Entrepreneurial Climate. Gallagher, Matt // Red Herring;8/3/2010, p4
The article focuses on a 30 million U.S. dollar angel seed fund launched by partners of the Almaz Capital Partners team to help emerging Russian ventures. It is mentioned that global coalition against corruption Transparency International ranks Russia among the most corrupt large economies in...
- Cisco plans to invest $240 m in startup space. // Express Computer;12/15/2015, p1
The article reports on the plans of technology firm Cisco to invest 240 million dollars on startups that specialized in internet of things (IoT), mobile technologies and cloud computing, and also presents views of firm's president Amit Phadnis on the issue.
- VCs turn away from startups. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/30/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the venture capital funding of startup companies in Connecticut. Availability of venture capital for emerging firms; Investment focus of venture capital firms; Market trends influencing venture capital decision-making.
- When the Going Gets Tough... Tilley, Allison Leopold; Kohn, Bradley D. // Siliconindia;Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p56
Examines how venture-funded start-ups in the U.S. can survive financing difficulties. Description of desperation financing, such as bridge loan financing with onerous terms and takeover financing; Option of selling the business to a third party; Choice of the last option which is closure of the...
- PLANS.TOPIC: 371 Venture Capital Firms. Ragland, Vincent // Chicago Weekend;10/6/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 39, p6
The article discusses venture capital firms which provide investment capital to new business enterprises and small businesses for maximum return and profit.
- Startup Funding Sources. // Black Enterprise;Sep2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p18
The article provides information on some funding sources for start-up companies including Impact America Fund, Minority Angel Investor Network, and Venture Capital Access Program.
- A Dose of Reality About Venture Capital. // USA Today Magazine;Jul2013, Vol. 142 Issue 2818, p8
The article discusses several myths about venture capital (VC) such as the idea that VC is a helpful funding source for new businesses.
- SEED MONEY. Worrell, David // Entrepreneur;Nov2003, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the rebound in venture capital financing in the United States. Insights from a study of VentureOne, a research firm; Comparison between the level of venture investments in early-stage in the second quarter of 2003 and the quarter before; Industries leading the surge.
- Manna from Heaven. // Business Today;4/12/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p1
The author presents his views on the rise of billion-dollar start-ups and angel funding, the non-family non-friend cash that a start-up raises in Indian entrepreneurial space, emphasizing the importance of such investments in start-up businesses for a healthy entrepreneurial system to flourish.