Apple's iPhone Gets Contract-Free Option
- AT&T OKs TV Place-Shifting Via 3G To iPhone. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/22/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p40
The article reports on the decision of AT&T to approve the use of iPhones to placeshift a home's television (TV) or digital video recorder (DVR) if the phones used a revised, more bandwidth-efficient version of the SlingPlayer Mobile TV application of SlingMedia.
- iPhone 3G S arrives. // Caribbean Business;6/18/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p46
The article evaluates the iPhone 3G S from AT&T.
- iPhone 3GS: The fastest, most powerful iPhone. // Caribbean Business;7/9/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p32
The article evaluates the iPhone 3GS from AT&T.
- AT&T Nickels-and-Dimes on iPhone GPS. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;7/11/2008, p2
This article reports on the release of the 3G iPhone from Apple Inc. by AT&T in the U.S. in 2008. The iPhone has been highly publicized for its price cut, but less advertised are the various ways in which AT&T plans to make money out of the phone' features. It is noted that iPhone fans might...
- AT&T's $199 iPhone 3G Price Not For Everyone. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/7/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the disclosure by AT&T that the $199 and $299 prices it announced with Apple for the 8GB and 16GB versions of the iPhone 3G will not be available to everyone. It notes that the $199 and $299 prices of the iPhone 3G when it goes on sale on July 11, 2008, will be available...
- Exclusive Gadget: Apple & AT&T Antitrust Litigation and the iPhone Aftermarkets. McMurrer, Matt // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter2011, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p495
The article focuses on the violation of antitrust laws by the iPhone model from Apple Inc. and the lawsuit against Apple and its sole provider AT & T on the alleged monopolization of iPhone aftermarkets. It offers an overview of the characteristics and set up of the iPhone model of Apple in...
- The Case For The Iphone. Haney, Mike // Conde Nast Traveler;Jun2009, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p52
The article offers suggestions on how to keep the expenses low while carrying iPhone abroad. It is recommended to check the usage as AT&T charges for data on the basis of its sending and receiving. It is advised to avoid loading full web pages and use mobile sites and applications as less as...
- APPLE CHANGES THE RULES. Wildstrom, Stephen // BRW;1/8/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p14
The article reports that Apple has changed the telecommunication industry with its introduction of iPhone. AT&T became the big winner when it signed on as the exclusive iPhone carrier in the U.S. AT&T activated 2.4 million of the 3G iPnes in 2008, with 40 percent of the consumers coming from...
- Phones Worth Breaking Your Contract For. Mies, Ginny // PCWorld;Dec2011, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p85
The article evaluates several smartphone services in the U.S. including the AT&T Apple iPhone 4S, the Sprint HTC Evo 3D, and the Sprint Samsung Epic Touch 4G.